Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UNICYCLE???!!!!!! (Read 6 times)
savage777
Ex Member

UNICYCLE???!!!!!!
10/10/05 at 20:25:10

Did anybody notice the unicycle on the page that CindiKnox posted for the new beemer 2 cyl.? Thats nuckinfuts. There's been a few weird uni's made that you sat "in" but not on! It kinda reminds me of that parallel 2 wheel electric scooter that you lean forward to go forward and back to go  back  etc.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: UNICYCLE???!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 10/10/05 at 21:56:44

savage777 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Did anybody notice the unicycle on the page that CindiKnox posted for the new beemer 2 cyl.? Thats nuckinfuts. There's been a few weird uni's made that you sat "in" but not on! It kinda reminds me of that parallel 2 wheel electric scooter that you lean forward to go forward and back to go  back  etc.

i believe is called a mono cycle,  the guy has done it with v-8's      his little 5 hp one costs about 10 grand.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 10/11/05 at 03:44:29

Is this the "one" (pardon the pun Wink)
The Embrio is a fuel-celled concept developed by Bombardier (the snowmobile people) of Canada ... uses computerized gyroscopes for balancing and mini-outrigger wheels (shown in front view) which deploy upon stopping ... don't know much else about it other than it looks kinda wild!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 10/11/05 at 05:36:42

Yeah, it does remind me of the Segway a bit... gyro balanced and such.  Can you imagine riding that down the freeway at 70 MPH?  Their Press Release is interesting but it appears to still be very preliminary.  It could be interesting though I'd be happy enough with an affordable gas/electric hybrid or a hydrogen fuel cell bike that managed decent speeds.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/11/05 at 06:45:10

Not sure what problem they're trying to solve.  Recreational vehicle?  There's no passenger seating at all.  

Looks like engineering overkill just to be rid of that pesky second wheel.   Motorcycles already balance just fine without a computer.  Of course, this is just a concept bike so far.  

I'd be more interested in the diesel Kawasaki bike.

IP Logged
AndyC
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Norfolk, VA
Reply #5 - 10/11/05 at 07:39:16

Wow.  That looks freaking cool.  I'd hit it.

Um... ride it.   Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 14:51:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › UNICYCLE???!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.