Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SuperBrace   (Read 8 times)
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

SuperBrace  
10/07/05 at 19:58:08

Is the SuperBrace easy or difficult to install? Any details?
Also, although it makes sense that it would work what does Suzuki say about it and why don't they include them on their bikes if they really help stability?  ???

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: SuperBrace  
Reply #1 - 10/08/05 at 05:56:19

Here's a thread with some links and discussion

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Why it's not on there in the first place is just a cost factor and the thought that the fender does a good enough job.

After several thousand miles with it on there and a new '02 without to compare - I believe it's worth every penny.

IP Logged
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Reply #2 - 10/08/05 at 06:15:35

Thanks for the link!  Smiley My 2002 Savage usually rides fine. I just want to tighten up the ride a bit. Sometimes the bike feels like the tires are low on pressure. They are not. I check them regularly. Is this the kind of sensation that the SuperBrace is meant to correct?

IP Logged
methom
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Maine
Reply #3 - 10/08/05 at 08:30:11

I've had the SuperBrace on for a couple of months and agree that it was worth it, if a bit expensive.  You can install it yourself in about 5 minutes.  The front end feels noticeably "tighter", but it will feel a little different in the turns at first.  You'll also notice it feeling a little looser on the rear tire, which will make you want to upgrade your shocks.  This is, I think, just because the front is so tight that you pay more attention to the rear tire.

IP Logged
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Reply #4 - 10/08/05 at 08:43:35

Did you take it off after a few months and if not did you upgrade your shocks?

IP Logged
methom
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Maine
Reply #5 - 10/08/05 at 09:10:49

No it is still on, and I'd probably put one on any bike that I own.  I'm going to upgrade my rear shocks and likely put better tires on.

IP Logged
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Reply #6 - 10/08/05 at 09:31:12

Did you try changing the setting on the rear shocks?

IP Logged
methom
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Maine
Reply #7 - 10/08/05 at 11:00:58

No, I haven't adjusted the shocks, but I might for kicks.  Many on this forum, though, speak highly of the shock upgrade, so it seems worth it.  Several, in fact, have said it was the best upgrade that they did.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 10/08/05 at 12:19:37

I have to say the two biggest improvements in ride quality have been the Superbrace and the Progressive shocks.  Both were extremely easy to install.  They do require a bit of expense but I believe they're worth it in the long run.  If you are even considering the fork protectors, you should probably get them with the Superbrace since you'll only pay the $10 shipping fee once that way.  On the shocks, if I were to do it over, I might opt for the 11.5" 412's instead of the 12.5" 412's I got.  I am happy though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Reply #9 - 10/08/05 at 14:02:39

Good info. Thanks. How much are the Progressive Shocks and where do you get them?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: SuperBrace & Progressive shocks
Reply #10 - 10/08/05 at 22:35:58

LS650RJM wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Good info. Thanks. How much are the Progressive Shocks and where do you get them?

There's a lot of good discussion on them and the answers to the above questions in Babbalou's Progressive shocks thread.  I had been considering them but reading Babbalou's opinion tipped me over the edge and I bought some.  In general, I've seen the set I bought go for anywhere from $200-$375 retail, depending on where you get 'em.  On eBay you can sometimes get 'em for less than $100 if you're patient and lucky.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #11 - 10/09/05 at 01:52:24

I'd like to fit a fork brace to KLX but my USD forks won't let Me.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #12 - 10/09/05 at 07:48:40

I'm seriously considering a SuperBrace next Spring. I won't be riding a lot before next March so I'll Google for sales until then. That's a pricey chunk of metal but it's probably worth it for how I ride.  Tongue

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #13 - 10/09/05 at 11:11:35

babbalou wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I'm seriously considering a SuperBrace next Spring. I won't be riding a lot before next March so I'll Google for sales until then. That's a pricey chunk of metal but it's probably worth it for how I ride.  Tongue

Yeah, I think they're priced high too but there doesn't seem to be a lot of competition...  To me they make a big difference in stability in everything from rain grooves to potholes.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 04:42:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SuperBrace  

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.