Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Portuguese? (Read 3 times)
Rolaciux
Ex Member

Portuguese?
10/05/05 at 11:18:04

Hi People Smiley

Hey I would like to know if there are any Portuguese guy unless me, in this Nation Smiley

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Portuguese?
Reply #1 - 10/05/05 at 12:22:38

I guess if you're in Portugal, there must be a few more somewhere...  Grin
If you're in the States, I dunno.
Was wong wif Yooroppean riders annaway?

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Rolaciux
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/06/05 at 06:05:22

Hello Maurizio Smiley

Sorry but I didn't understood what u said in the last line :|

IP Logged
FloridaPhoenix05
Ex Member

You never heard of Fall River and New Bedford?!?
Reply #3 - 10/06/05 at 22:07:10

I'm a Portagee from Fall River and just moved down to Florida a few months ago...... we can finally get both chourico and linguica down here........ from what i understand the single highest concentration of Portuguese people in the U.S. are in New Bedford and Fall River Massachusetts because of the Azorean immigrants who came for the fishing and textile industry respectively........ Fall River was the home of Lizzie Borden, Emeril Lagasse and Hank the late Angry Drunken Dwarf from the Howard Stern show....... i had the odd pleasure of drinking with that obnoxious little man in a bar once cuz Nina, my ex-girlfriend knew him forever......... he was so obnoxious i looked down and told him if it wasn't for Howard Stern you'd just be Hank the A-hole alcoholic midget........ he went to the bar and brought a pitcher to the table and said "this pitcher is for you, and you and NOT you...... gettin' dissed by Hank was about as surreal as him singing a karaoke duet with Nina of stop dragging my heart around....... or having rambling drunken messages on my answering machine.......... just walk into any bar in either town and yell "Hey Manny" and you'll see how many guys with thick moustaches turn around.......... the south coast of Massachusetts will always be my home......... and as much as 96 degrees for weeks on end sucks, a few days of plain old 6 degrees and slush stinks worse......... i'm riding my 88 Savage year round and absolutely love the way the backfire scares the snowbirds when i gun it right before i turn her off......... man, do i miss the change of seasons though and for the first time in my life i'm looking forward to winter for that crisp morning air......... you can take this Portagee outta Massachusetts but you won't ever take the Massachusetts out of this Portagee.......... i tell people down here that if they want to fit in if they visit mass they have to know that is something is exceedingly good it's Wicked Pissah........ and if someone is dumb as a redneck they are just F*ckin' Retahded.......... enjoy the new england winter waiting for that 45 degree day when you can squeen in a quick ride and i'll miss new england less when i'm cruising to the beach in the middle of February...........

IP Logged
FloridaPhoenix05
Ex Member

Passionada, almost forgot about that.....
Reply #4 - 10/06/05 at 22:16:58

it's a wicked chick flick, but if you want to understand Portuguese culture or the south coast of Massachusetts rent this movie or catch it on cable....... it's got Sofia Milos and she's smokin' hot in the film........ it was a huge deal a couple of years ago, filmed mostly in New Bedford and Fairhaven, my old home town and the single most beautiful town in all of new england........ a lifetime ago I used to live on West Island, a tiny little island with a causeway at the end of Sconticut neck in Fairhaven and would buy lobsters from this tiny shack where the old guy would pull the females right out of the trap and they'd go from the ocean to my belly inside of 45 minutes......... darn, do i miss new england, but I'm getting pretty used to Florida........ you know the story, break up with the greatest love of your life and need massive change so life isn't the same except for the massive gaping hole in your soul......... i'm done rambling, but i do so love riding my Thumper down a1a......... all year long, sorry, didn't mean to rub it in...... well, maybe just a little.........

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 10/07/05 at 07:23:18

mpescatori wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I guess if you're in
Was wong wif Yooroppean riders annaway?

Maurizio

What's wrong with European riders anyway?
What, never been to the Old World? Grin

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #6 - 10/07/05 at 13:08:02

Didn't the movie "Mystic Pizza" have a lot of Portuguese folks in it also? ...if not, forgive us old guys whose memories are not what they used to be.
Love that town New Bedford! Sooo much history from the whaling days of yore, "Nantucket slay rides" and all of that.   Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
kikuchiyo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/07/05 at 17:27:36

I am not from Portugal. However, 4 years ago I did rent ($65/day) Suzuki 750 out of Madrid and rode it through Spain and Portugal. Amaizing castles and villages, cheap but fantastic food (chorizo, hamon,), women with beautiful bodies, mountain roads.... Portugal is a sleeping kingdom compared to the rest of the world (even Spain). But it is well worth visiting and I cannot wait to come back. Next time I will ride north of Lisboa to Porto and then towards Santiago and Basque coutry in Spain. So there is nothing wrong with European riders. Only good things.
You got to love the Old World!

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 10/08/05 at 03:26:38

Portugal and Massachusetts ... well Newfoundland has much in common with both places ... starting waaay back in the early 1500's with Portugese explorer Vasco Da Gama and continuing thru to  a luctrative trade with Oporto during the late 1800's early 1900's and the 1950's/60's with the Portugese "White Fleet", which frequented our offshore fishing grounds and St. John's harbour. My family is even related by marriage to 2 Portugese brothers who, in the 1920's stowed away on a schooner bound for Ramea, Nfld. from Oporto, Portugal ... these teenage boys ended up settling in Nfld., married 2 sisters and had many offspring who carry the "Augustus" surname to this day.
The "Boston States" as New England is referred to by many older generation Newfoundlanders  is home to thousands of families of Nfld. descent who emmigrated to that area prior to Nfld. being annexed by Canada in 1949 ... in fact most of Manhattan's skyscrapers were built primarily by Native Indians from Quebec and Nflders from the Conception Bay area who worked the high steel during the Great Depression.
Nfld's south coast enjoyed a lucrative and illegal trade of booze with New England during the Prohibition years ... a trade in which a great grandfather and grandfather of mine participated ...
Have never been to either New England or Portugal, but would love to vistit both some day ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/09/05 at 12:41:22

My kid just returned from Brazil. And learned Portugese for that. Although a slightly different version.

IP Logged
Rolaciux
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/09/05 at 12:56:55

Hey guys, its really nice to hear those kind of things from every you. I wonder How would it be if we had a bridge between lisbon and NEw Orleans xD AHahHAah I'd be really happy! Hihihi xD
You know Portugal, is a beautiful country, thats true, and has a really nice history, but actualy this is a nuts country, Politics and economic staff just throwed us to swallow on the nuts. For every teenager now the dream is find a good work out of the country. But I still love my country, while The sistem doent kick my arse, I'll always be happy, cause I leave in a Beautiful reagion, with many good people. I Like go around in my 91 Savage, listenning the sound it makes, watching everyone looking ate me when I pass, its a dream!
But Talking about Beauty, if u want great places Go and Find Scotland, I was there already for 2 times, and I'm still in love with it. South Africa Is Also Wonderful but Truly Different. But I heard from my father that USA is beautiful in many ways.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #11 - 10/09/05 at 14:21:43

Years ago one of my cousins was an exchange student in Portugal & he loved it there. He had a girlfriend there & didn't want to come back when his year was up. Grin If she looked anything like Sofia Milos Shocked I'd want to stay there too!  8)

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
FloridaPhoenix05
Ex Member

both my vovo's were from the Azores......
Reply #12 - 10/09/05 at 20:07:22

i am proud to be an American and a card carrying democrat in Florida where, for some antiquated reason, my vote actually means more........ i am Portuguese by ancestry and Amrerican by birth.......... and i make a mean kale soup......... keep smilin' and keep it vertical....... and enjoy the carne e'espito at the annual festival..........

Lou

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 16:00:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Portuguese?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.