Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help!!   Savage Dead! (Read 13 times)
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Help!!   Savage Dead!
Reply #15 - 10/05/05 at 08:19:52

threezukes wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
If you do deciede to jump it with your car,  I've heard that it is ok as long as the car isn't running.

This is correct.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Help!!   Savage Dead!
Reply #16 - 10/11/05 at 04:25:41

Hello FlyNavy, here's what I've done to avoid this kind of frustration:
1) avoid switching the engine off with the on/off button, it'll kill all circuits including the start button (on European bikes, it only kills the coil, the engine turns but won't start)
2)  I am looking at fitting a cigarette lighter plug thing somewhere, fused, so that should I need something (from jumping the battery to recharging my cellphone) I have a plug available;
3) For trickle charging the battery, I have found a 1000 mA 3-12V DC power adapter (the kind you buy 'one size fits all' for recharging anything from Dremel drills to kids' radio controlled toys) just set it on +12V, get the polarity right, and it'll trickle charge at a nominal 800mA (more or less 10W) continuous. Excellent for trickle charging during the long witer months.
  Cheesy
Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 15:34:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help!!   Savage Dead!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.