Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
reflective stuff!? (Read 1 times)
DavidV
Ex Member

Re: reflective stuff!?
Reply #15 - 09/29/05 at 22:09:27

If someone tries to run you over, you must follow them and beat them senseless at your first opportunity.  

They deserve it.  Make them understand.  

Tire irons, blackjacks and a roll of quarters in a gym sock are good persuaders.  Heavy boots work well, too.  Stomping on the hood of a BMW is bound to get a driver's attention.  Ask me how I know...

People need to learn.  Some learn easy, others won't.  Too bad for them.  Do your part.

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #16 - 09/30/05 at 06:04:40

DavidV wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Tire irons, blackjacks and a roll of quarters in a gym sock are good persuaders.  

once when i was at jim-r house i got to meet his uncle,he is the chairman for http://www.abatesc.com/media/(the rock hill chapter) and he gave me good advice for making cagers stay back,bring a pocket full of dead AA batteries,and when they get to close just throw some over your shoulder Grin

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 09/30/05 at 06:52:23

Instead of tossing batteries over your shoulder I use rusty lug nuts, even if I don't hit the bastard it makes me feel better. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #18 - 09/30/05 at 07:37:06

My summer shirt:

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #19 - 09/30/05 at 07:39:34

I've read that some hard-core Bikers carry a "traffic cop" with 'em when they ride ... a ball-pean hammer to dole out "traffic tickets" to offending cagers ... I like that one! 8)

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 09/30/05 at 08:37:13

kikuchiyo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
The icon vest is great. However, I almost always got a backpack on, so the vest will not increase visibility from bihind. Any backpacks with large reflective areas?

You could always modify your existing gear (clothing, backpack, etc.) using either sew-on or iron-on reflective tape.  It's available at http://www.reflectivelyyours.com/ and I'm sure several other places carry it too.  You might even check your local fabric store.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 03:57:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › reflective stuff!?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.