Re: Metal Seat:  Idiotic or Moronic? You Deci
Reply #15 - 09/27/05 at 09:51:33

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #16 - 09/27/05 at 17:21:01

Go for it!! Couldn't be any more uncomfortable than a stock seat. Keep us posted!!!

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Metal Seat:  Idiotic or Moronic? You Decide!
Reply #17 - 09/27/05 at 20:00:05

Hi- I'm not sure, but if you have a slip & slide, might you be risking the gene pool?   Grin  I would at least go for a wooly covering, although I don't see that fitting in with the rest of the bike. Does look great though.

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #18 - 09/28/05 at 04:23:09

I like it.
It's your but anyway.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #19 - 09/28/05 at 15:23:31

Actually, that seat looks more comfortable than my bicycle seat. I used to ride an old Trek with basically, a leather covered axe blade for a seat. My butt got used to it. Stylewise, I like going against the grain, doing the unpredictable. The seat's cool.  8)

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #20 - 09/28/05 at 19:52:20

Okay, I must be the odd one out here, caus folk's seem to...err, llke your seat...Maybe I am old and have a soft butt or something...Hmmm, is there is something psycologically out of the ordinary going on here?...Are you a masochist?..a sadist?...or do you just go on very very short rides?
Sorry, I just don't get it.   ???
But hey, as they say, it's your bike, and your ride!   Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Wolfie
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 09/28/05 at 20:48:45

Oddly enough I find it extremely cool and a lot more comfortable looking than the wooden chairs from elementary school.  It fits in perfectly with the "minimalist" theme you've got going there.  I just about expect D-Day from Animal House to hop on it and ride it up and down the stairs.  Change the graphics a bit and you've gone to "Mad Max".  I agree that a small radius curve around the edges is a good idea.  I'm curious though;  You've removed just about everything unnecessary except for the passenger footpegs.  Any reason you've kept them?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 09/29/05 at 06:59:53

This really makes me want to go to Lowes and get a piece of aluminum.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #23 - 09/29/05 at 07:07:17

I dunno.  I haven't tried anything that basic.  The general shape is kinda cool but I'm betting that 100 miles would have me chuckin' that thing for the stock seat.  Now if you covered it with black sheepskin, I'd be more inclined to like it - though an inch of foam or gel would help that along a bit further.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #24 - 09/29/05 at 09:07:52

Well let's see:

"I just don't get it. ???"  Well, I think I can safely say this is a chopper.  (gonna make a shirt that says "I chopped my bike.  Who chopped yours?") I've got a fantastic V* 1100, too, so for long trips, I ride that.  I just squirt around town on the savage.  The longest trip I'm likely to take on the savage is about 60 miles... even with the stock seat,  last time I did that, my butt was sore for 2 days.  This seat has a completley different shape and is actually not that bad as I sit on my haunches, not my tailbone, though I do need to do just a little more pounding, and paladin's vice-grip idea...  

"passenger pegs"  Simply have not taken them off yet...  when the bike was stock I used to put one or both feet on there, or on long trips (I rode this bike, stock, from denver to seattle to madison wisconsin to boston to denver doing about 1000 miles a day... way worse than any 100 mile trip on a metal seat), sometimes actually sitting on the passenger pillion...

"Madmax"  when I had the fender on there and before I slapped on the red I got a lot of madmax and WWII comments

Savage_Rob... making it less murderous... like I said, not that bad... may make another piece and spring mount it...  who knows... That's one thing I love about this bike, it is so simple and I can always make something for it...  make a bracket to fit my stock V* seat (which is awful, btw).

All these mods are reversible, unless I break something, so I can always put the fender back on, and stock seat...

Lancer,  Diamond plate rocks.  It is easy to work with.  drill a hole in the wrong spot?  no problem!  I've got a round file!  I made floorboard inserts for my V* and am making a LP frame too...

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #25 - 10/02/05 at 08:40:15

It's all a matter of perspective....

I think that what you gotta do is to drive around without any seat for a while.  Just put one cheek on each frame tube and ride.  After that, the diamond plate will feel like the best gel seat around  Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 11:36:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Metal Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.