Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Saabsaviur's questions
09/26/05 at 06:45:29

From saabsaviur:
Quote:
whats is yoiur guys inout on drag bars are they safe easier to handle or more experience reguired to steer with? to take the fuel tank off do you have to remove the fuel switch?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Saabsaviur's questions
Reply #1 - 09/26/05 at 08:33:02

I have drag bars on a set of 6" risers and really like them.  For me, the height and arm distance are just right, and I like the look.  The control is very good as well.  In years gone by, I had a VERY SHORT set of drag bars on my Goldstar and that was not easy to control unless you just went straight down the roas.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
aSRe: Saabsaviur's questions
Reply #2 - 09/26/05 at 08:44:36

As far as removing the fuel switch in order to get the tank off ... depends on the Bike ... seems that for some LS650s there is a tighter clearance between the fuel c0ck and the frame, that prevents the removal of the gas tank unless the petc0ck is removed first (my Bike is like this), while others just require a backward tug on the tank with a left upward twist to clear the tank with fuel c0ck attached from the frame. Don't ask me why this is so, other than it might be due to slightly acceptable tolerance differences during frame manufacture??

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 09/26/05 at 16:22:27

i went with drag bars stock risers. they just clear the tank on a stop to stop turn.  they work well for me.

as previously posted its what's best for your ride size and comfort.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/28/05 at 10:39:06

I used a little tip and put drag bars on with 2 19mm deep well sockets  I tried to do it with no riser and could'nt clear the tank . I 'd like to go up another 4-5" but I can't find any grade 8 bolts that long w/ the right size shank and head.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 08:26:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saabsaviur's questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.