Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
parts wanted (Read 1 times)
saabsaviur
Ex Member

parts wanted
09/24/05 at 19:53:46

Smiley i have recently purchase a 96 savage so far a cool bike it backfires? im at 8000 ft though so i might need to bring it in and get rejetted? anyways i need the sissy bar pad, right side chrome battery cover, exhaust ideas the factory exhaust is on it but all scrathed up and they gutted it so it is super super loud kinda is that good or bad for performance now a stupid question is the oil lever suposed to be checked with the bike level or on kickstand ist or second mark in window where is oil filter? do they have fuel filters?

Comment: This was more a series of questions than an actual offer to buy parts.  I moved it to the RSD for increased chances of viewing.

Rob

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: parts wanted
Reply #1 - 09/24/05 at 22:52:56

Let's start with the technical questions:
-You check the oil with the bike straight up /NOT on the sidestand/. Fill with oil to the upper mark.
- Yes, there is an oil filter. It is under the 3angle cover on the clutch cover. Unscrew the 3  5mm alen head bolts ant the filter will pop out.
- Before You think abiut rejetting You have to install the new exhaust, because the jetting will depend on the intake and exhaust.
-there is not a factory in-line filter, but it is an excellent idea to put one. Also if You have some time, remove the petkock and drain all the gas to make sure thewre is no rust and water in the tank.
About the parts -somebody else will help.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: parts wanted
Reply #2 - 09/25/05 at 08:14:00

I probably have a sissy bar pad for sale....

8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 05:43:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › parts wanted

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.