Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: windshield
Reply #15 - 09/29/05 at 08:42:35

I have the Memphis Shades Memphis Slims and it works great for me but the key thing about a windshield is buying one that works for you given your height. Some of them are adjustable and work for people of different heights. If the one you buy is too far off you won't be able to adjust it for a comfortable ride.

Here is a link that describes how a windshield should be adjusted:  

http://www.memphisshades.com/products.shtml

Here's mine:

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #16 - 09/29/05 at 18:11:35

hi- thanks for all the thoughts..I picked up the slipstreamer today and will try mounting it this weekend.   Hopefully, I'll be able to give a report on its good & bad points (assuming mounting it is a good point and easily done Cheesy)  I am a little worried that my desire to protect the hands might have led me to too large a screen.  For all you memphis shades folks..thats what the dealer was showing me at first, until i explained the hands thing.  He said "haven't ever ordered one (a slipstreamer) yet, will be interested in seeing it.   AAARRg.  If i get it on the bike, i'll try and post a photo.   As it happened, we were experiencing 50 mph wind gusts that knocked over trees at the exact time I picked up the windshield. (northeastern CT/12:50 Lunch time). Almost dragged me accross the parking lot carrying the shipping carton to my car!!  I am a little nervous... happy riding everyone.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #17 - 09/29/05 at 18:16:36

It's me again. As a side issue, did those of you with a windshield find that it makes the engine noise a lot louder when you put the screen on?  I was amazed (I don't know why though) on how much more I hear the engine just by moving my legs away from the tank, I was listening to hear if I could the chirping other's are posting about on this forum.

IP Logged
paulchristi
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

My other bike is a
surfboard

Tucson, Arizona
Reply #18 - 09/29/05 at 19:23:15

I recently installed a National Cycles "Dakota" 3.0 mm windshield that I purchased directly from the www.nationalcycle.com website.

The service was great, the installation easy, the price cheap (less than $130 including shipping) and best of all it looks great and works like a dream.

Paul Christiansen
Hammong, OR

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 09/30/05 at 05:58:46

Trippah wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
It's me again. As a side issue, did those of you with a windshield find that it makes the engine noise a lot louder when you put the screen on?  I was amazed (I don't know why though) on how much more I hear the engine just by moving my legs away from the tank, I was listening to hear if I could the chirping other's are posting about on this forum.

I didn't notice that.  The noise level seems about the same with or without the shield to me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 09:13:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.