windshield (Read 10 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
windshield
09/09/05 at 20:58:58

OK- it's almost that time, or temperature..what brands of windshields/windscreen do you riders have.  Fall is looking a bit cold up here in the Northeast, as usual. I would like to  extend the riding season, thanks in advance for your comments.  Does Suzuki have it's own line? I have seen several peple mention Memphis slim.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: windshield
Reply #1 - 09/09/05 at 22:05:57

Suzuki has one for the S40/Savage on their website for $124.95 but you can beat that. I got a Maier last year for 1/2 that much. National Cycle is very popular also & reasonably priced. I'm not that familier with Memphis Slim but I'll check out their website. Sure helps on cold days. Mine's going back on in November.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 09/09/05 at 22:09:51

Twin Memphis Shades hellcats here

IP Logged
Deb
2005 No Login

02 silver savage :)
In the mountains of
East Tenn.

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 09/10/05 at 00:46:32

I have a suzuki windshield on my bike I like it very much.

YaBBCJunior
Littled200056   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 09/10/05 at 02:56:55

I bought a new (factory second) National Cycle Flyscreen last year on ebay for about $35.00 + shipping ... several LS owners here on the Board have 'em and I always liked the look ... small shield on a small Bike; proportional. Well m/c Ridin' friends guffawed when they saw it on the Bike sayin' that it wasn't gonna do much good ... happy to report that I love it! Being a small guy, it's perfect ... I look over it, it keeps a significant amount of wind pressure off of my upper chest/arms, I still have face-to-wind factor ... and I haven't eaten one bug all summer! Several times I've spotted incoming rounds ... they get caught in the little shield's slipstream and over my head they go!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #5 - 09/10/05 at 12:53:46

I have the Suzuki custom sport shield, keeps the wind off lower body, not the head.  I have to wear helmet face shield or be target of incoming once in a while.  Bumblebees hit hard! I am ready for a taller windshield for fall riding. Still looking.

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
patj197
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Buffalo, New York
Reply #6 - 09/10/05 at 13:07:21

I'm using a 15" Memphis slim and I love it!  It is quick detatch so you don't have to use it all year, but I'm so happy with it I leave it on.  It helped the head buffeting a lot.  I had the Suzuki sport shield and I thought it was too small.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 09/10/05 at 16:10:27

Thanks for the responses so far, I think I'm leaning towards protection versus appearance- BUT, the quick dtech for the Summer sounds like it would be the way to go. Wink   Was watching a tv show featuring corbin seats- they started talking heated seats...I'm thinking for a twenty minute commute, would it take 10 minutes to warm up?  Well, more windshild research first.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 09/10/05 at 19:33:33

Personally, I don't care which seat you have on your bike... a sheepskin cover makes it less sweaty in the summer and warmer in the winter.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 09/15/05 at 17:13:21

More on windshields..Does anyone out there have experience with slipstreamers Enterprise S00-c Clear.It is wide enough to protect the hands, allowing I hope for the use of thinner gloves in Fall/early winter. The almost local Yammy dealer quotes @175. which is a lot of money, well a little more then the Memphis slims..Whattya think??

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/15/05 at 17:29:58

Hi, Trippah.  I'm not familiar with Slipstreamers windshields, but I just ordered the Memphis Shades Pop Top (I got the gradient black, but they have other colors, along with "solar", which appears to be clear).  

It's not too big for the bike, and I think it might be just tall enough to protect me from the wind, but short enough that I can see over it.  And it's got the quick change hardware, so it should come off easily when I want it to.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #11 - 09/15/05 at 19:34:24

Trippah wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
More on windshields..Does anyone out there have experience with slipstreamers Enterprise S00-c Clear.It is wide enough to protect the hands, allowing I hope for the use of thinner gloves in Fall/early winter. The almost local Yammy dealer quotes @175. which is a lot of money, well a little more then the Memphis slims..Whattya think??

Did you check the one lancer has in the marketplace? - looks big enough

IP Logged
Wolfie
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 09/28/05 at 21:19:04

I'm not sure which model it is but my wife runs a cheap SlipStreamer on her thumper.  It came on the bike when purchased used.  This one does nothing to protect the hands from cold wind but otherwise does what its supposed to do.  Since it is fully adjustable we had a great time (more like  Angry ) finding the sweet spot that allows her to see over the windshield and not get her head in the turbulence.  Hope this  helps.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 09/28/05 at 21:42:17

I tried a Maier on my Savage a few years ago. It's now on a little CL-100 Honda.  Smiley Works good on the Honda.

I run a Memphis Shades Big Shot on the Vulcan. I don't like it. Lot of wind comes up from underneath and tries to stuff my beard up my nose... Angry

Lisa had a Pop Top on her Intruder, she loved the shield. But her bike fell over and the shield shattered.

Get a four point mounted shield if you decide to run one. Quick detach or permanent mount. Either way, it will be more stable than a purely bar mounted unit.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 09/29/05 at 06:53:28

I have a Memphis Shades that I have put up for sale.  I think it was the Santa Fe model.  It  gives very good coverage, including the hand grip area.  The mounting hardware is first rate.  The original retail was in the $179 range.
Take a look in the "marketplace", it is priced at just $75 + shp.

I have a new smaller sportier looking windshield that I want to use now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 12:04:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.