Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wandering all over the road (Read 183 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Wandering all over the road
Reply #15 - 08/29/05 at 16:51:35

I have noticed the very same problem, as a matter of fact I have had a 5 mile round trip to the store take as much as 2 hours.  I just seems that the roads morphs somewhere between the house and the store.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #16 - 08/29/05 at 17:51:34

Strange, I've the same problem with wandering, went out for a gallon of milk at the local store (maybe 2 miles away) ended up riding almost 25 miles. The Superbrace doesn't seem to help at all in fact it makes the bike wander down the back roads looking for twisties. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/30/05 at 05:49:44

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Strange, I've the same problem with wandering, went out for a gallon of milk at the local store

At least you make it to the store..sometimes I don't even get there.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #18 - 08/03/10 at 21:07:37

An old message for our newer members to explain as to why our bikes has trouble to take hours to travel 5 miles.

WWW   IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #19 - 08/03/10 at 22:02:18

I believe that it was Einstein who first pointed out to us that a straight line was not the shortest distance between two points, as space was curved.  I know that I personally always try to find lots of curves to get from point A to point B.  Sometimes, it seems to take all day.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 08/03/10 at 22:24:56

I shall name this paladin's theory of anti-reality.  The number of curves between two points varies with the square of sun light.

WWW   IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #21 - 08/03/10 at 22:54:51

Mine has the same issue.  Last weekend I went out for a morning cup of coffee and before I new it I was drinking it on the Oregon coast.  Embarrassed It was a good 80 miles out of the way.  I sure am glad I have the 3.5 gal tank.  

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #22 - 08/04/10 at 03:36:46

I can testify that it's not limited to Savages either.  Fired up the C50 to run down to CycleGear to check out if they had any good deals.  Got there in 1/2 hour or so, stopping for gas.  On the return trip however, I seem to have misplaced my sense of direction, since it took me 1 1/2 hours or so to get home.  Good thing I'd stopped for gas! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 08/04/10 at 07:07:26

This is part of the problem with motorcyces. I explained why I should have one & pointed out the great MPG as part of the reason for it & that was a well made & well received point, when I explained it to the wife. I had no idea I would need to factor in the cost of their incessant wandering. Ive found mine will turn to avoid an intersection that looks like we might get caught at the light & will even go down streets its never been on, apparently hunting some curves to play in. It has sniffed out some really nice little roads around here that seem to need gone down, no matter how out of the way theyare.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #24 - 08/04/10 at 07:27:00

Yep, I've found my bike don't save a bit of fuel. And curves,.....thats all there is here. And along w/ the curves, come the Deer,(4 legs) 3 bike/Deer wrecks last week, no dead riders, but 1 dead Deer. I always forget about them, till I remember, then I slow down around the curves,....but only till I forget again. Not a matter of "if", its a matter of "when",....not a good feeling.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/04/10 at 09:21:37

Drink less booze before riding.  That does it for me.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
RC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quartz Hill Ca.
Reply #26 - 08/04/10 at 21:42:13

People drive their cars places they have to go. They think of places to ride their motorcycles. I have four and most times I think of somewhere to go it seems I must take my S40 and leave the others at home.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #27 - 08/04/10 at 22:58:02

Wandering? Must be Yankee Lingo for LOST!...lol

Only bad thing about bikes compared to horses. Turn a horse loose and he will find his way home.
My lil iron horse just aint got no sense of direction and just kinda picks a direction and goes. Gets hard to pull in the reins and point it towards home sometimes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 16:32:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wandering all over the road

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.