Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Forum Manners
08/24/05 at 07:27:10

Hi all. I've been MIA for a bit as things have been a little nutty on the homefront. Now that I'm back I want to address a topic that apparently needs addressing: FORUM MANNERS.

Most of us are here because we enjoy our Savages and want to share information and learn from what others have done.  We don't always agree and that's ok -- we encourage healthy discussion on this board and it is perfectly fine for people to have differing points of view.

What is NOT fine is name calling, putting other people down, personal attacks and complaining just for the sake of complaining. This is true for both public posts and private PMs. Anyone who violates this is subject to being banned from the forum. We have never banned anyone before and I don't want to have to do it now -- so let's all play nice.

I have deleted several topics and removed posts from others to rectify the current situation. There was bad behavior on both sides. Let's keep the forum clean and fun! This should be a cool place to come not one that gets people worked up. Enough said.

Everyone get out and ride!  Kiss

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Forum Manners
Reply #1 - 08/24/05 at 07:39:36

welcome back,im glad its going to be peacefull in this place again!

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/24/05 at 10:40:52

Also glad you're back.  Reminds me of Deportment Classes (Southern Lady Training) which needless to say, I failed.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 08/24/05 at 10:53:06

torque wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
im glad its going to be peacefull in this place again!

[glow=red,2,300]roflmao [/glow]   8)

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 08/24/05 at 11:28:02

Boil that dustspeck! Boil that dustspeck!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #5 - 08/25/05 at 03:56:52

Thanks Susan
Hopefully everyone will behave now.
Thanks again.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #6 - 08/25/05 at 08:09:45

8)Thank you much Grin

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #7 - 08/25/05 at 10:39:47

THANKYOU Susan
I should of been big enough to ignore the insults.
"SORRY"

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but calling never hurts me" as they say

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
roughrider
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/25/05 at 16:47:18

Since I have found that most of the folks in here are rude and disrespectful I'll refrain from any apologies at this time Susan. I am glad your back though maybe now the additude around here will change. Would like to get constructive idea's on my bike problems not insults. My only success at this point has been with either Rob Savage or Lancer. Most everyone eles likes to make smart remarks when they don't even understand the issues. They seem to pick up only on certain parts of what I am saying in my correspondence. They do to much reading in between the lines. Beleive it or not i've even received attidude from people I wasn't even communicating with. Now that your back hopefully we can all chill out. Thanks for your ear Susan. Thanks Rob Savage and Lancer for your kind words.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #9 - 08/25/05 at 19:51:34

RoughRider wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Since I have found that most of the folks in here are rude and disrespectful I'll refrain from any apologies at this time Susan. I am glad your back though maybe now the additude around here will change...

I have not had the same experience. In fact, I find most people on this forum go out of their way to try and help others. If you ask nice and don't criticize, you will be much more likely to get the sort of feedback you want. People on this forum help others because they like to and are willing, but they aren't willing to help when they are attacked. I seem to remember a post about this forum being half the problem...bad call on your part.

You've had some bad experiences with your bike and I'm sorry for that, but please remember not everyone has had that same bad experience. In fact, most of us are very happy with our bikes, quirks and all. We think part of what makes buying a Savage cool is that we get to mess around with it and modify it. But to each their own. The Savage may just not be the right bike for you and you may indeed have gotten a "lemon".  Sad

If you want to continue to participate in this forum, my advice to you is try not to be defensive and just remember that it takes two to tango. It is also worth remembering that when you attack the Savage you are in essence attacking us (we love our bikes and they are part of us). I am not saying you can't have a differing opinion but just keep in mind where you are. You are more than welcome to stay and be a part of the group. Enough said.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #10 - 08/25/05 at 20:55:25

I'm officially closing this topic. Let's move on please.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 11:30:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Forum Manners

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!