Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problems on the Ride In (Read 1 times)
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Problems on the Ride In
08/24/05 at 09:18:53

I just recently installed a Sigma 1600, I'm still working out some issues with the tire size.  I've got it within 15 mph but this morning it went wacky on me!

I'm driving along then go to get on the highway and when I start to get up to speed the d@mn thing starts to jump back and forth.  It would jump up 20 mph or down 30 mph, it was just all over the place then when I would actually get up to speed, about 60-65 mph, it would stop working all together.  By the time I got to my office I was actually going about 35 mph but it was reading 115 mph! Shocked

After I parked I looked at my wheel and found that one of the magnets I have on the rim slipped off the stack.  Of course it was the top one that I forgot to glue in place.  I hope that fixes the problem.  I guess I'll see on my way home tonight.

~Munson

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: Problems on the Ride In
Reply #1 - 08/24/05 at 15:05:02

i know jim-r has one on his bike try and send him a pesonnal message,he should know whats going on

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 08/24/05 at 16:58:14

Kropatchek also has a Sigma on his bike, though I don't know if it's the 1600 model.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #3 - 08/25/05 at 02:14:18

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Kropatchek also has a Sigma on his bike, though I don't know if it's the 1600 model.

I have the Sigma Sport Targa. There's no model number.
The magnet is on the brakedisk and the sender is glued to the brakecaliper bracket.

Check out this topic for pictures.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1116676372

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #4 - 08/25/05 at 03:49:16

I've been thinking about a Sigma for my KLX, it's speedo is way out because of the 17" front.
My question is, what lengh of wire is there between the sensor and clock ? This is important to me because of the long forks on KLX (36" from axle to handlebar clamp).

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #5 - 08/26/05 at 03:00:54

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I've been thinking about a Sigma for my KLX, it's speedo is way out because of the 17" front.
My question is, what lengh of wire is there between the sensor and clock ? This is important to me because of the long forks on KLX (36" from axle to handlebar clamp).

Clive W  Cheesy

Don't worry about the lenght of the cable. You can extend it with a piece of similar wire. Solder the joints and put some heatsrink over the joints.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 15:56:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Problems on the Ride In

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.