Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
front wheel bearing...(not Savage) (Read 3 times)
threezukes
Ex Member

front wheel bearing...(not Savage)
08/21/05 at 23:35:39

Sorry I know its a Savage forum, but I just need a little help and at least its still a Suzuki bike related question.

Anyways,  I need to change the front wheel bearing on my Suzuki RM85 (motocross bike).  Will I need any specials tool to do this? or is it just be a simple job of taking off the wheel and replacing the bearings?  Sorry, I don't have a manual, need to get one though, if anyone can help me out?

thanks in advance.  

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: front wheel bearing...(not Savage)
Reply #1 - 08/22/05 at 08:54:32

I haven't had one, but I checked the schematic in bikebandit and it seems to be pretty much straight- forward work. If You have a bearing removing tool it will make Your life easyer, but if You dont You can use a long punch ot a screw driver to knock the bearings out. On the schematics I did not see anu snap rigs to hold the bearings from outside.To install the new bearings You can use a bug socket with a size like the outer ID if  the bearing. Before You install the new bearings, put them in the freezer for approx. 2 hrs and they will go in the place with a gentle tap. AFTER YOOU PUT 1 BEARING DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE WHEEL SPACER BEFORE YOU PUT THE SECOND BEARING.
Good luck !

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Re: front wheel bearing...(not Savage)
Reply #2 - 08/23/05 at 04:25:44

Slavy,  thanks for the help and freezer tip.  I'll give it a go as soon as I get a chance to go and order a set of bearing from the local shop.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:09:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › front wheel bearing...(not Savage)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.