Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Motorcycle jack on sale (Read 7 times)
Richard Amirault

Motorcycle jack on sale
08/18/05 at 10:06:56

I don't know about where you are, but I see that here in the Boston area SEARS has a Craftsman motorcycle jack on sale for $30 off reg price ($90 -$30=$60)

The sale is only for this saturday Aug 20th 8am to 12 noon.

I was in the process of building the cheapo (wooden) version mentioned on these pages, but for that price I think I'll go for it.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Motorcycle jack on sale
Reply #1 - 08/18/05 at 10:19:11

I grab'd one the last time they ran that sale here - pretty good jack - just need to watchout where you put the rails or you'll catch the exhaust pipe - I've seen where folks have had the same problem with a sportster and this jack because of it's narrow frame like the savage - you can cut boards to over come this if you want.

IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/19/05 at 09:03:14

My dad got one of those craftsman jacks when they were on sale and they are nice except he has a problem getting it under his HD Heritage because of how low the bike sits.  I bought one from Harbor Freight when they were on sale for $49.95 and it's actually better.  When in the down position it's atleast an inch lower to the ground than the craftsman one.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/19/05 at 10:20:43

Don't have a clue how mine compares.  I got it at Sam's.  Most of the time it just sits anyway because I use the homemade lift/stand for speed and ease - unless I really need to have both wheels off the ground or the bike raised higher to work on it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Richard Amirault

Reply #4 - 08/22/05 at 07:03:55

Well I picked up the Craftsman jack.

Works well .. but there is a small problem ... when I position the jack so that it is under the bikes center of gravity (so that both wheels come off the ground at the same time)  the jack is under a part of the bikes frame that only has three contact points on the jacks surface.

I'll have to get a block of wood the correct thickness to place on the belt side rear lifting point so that I can get a full four contact points (and maximum stability)

But this seems like it would be a problem with any similar jack, not just the Craftsman.  There is no problem with the exaust hitting the jack (my bike is an 04) either.

The jack came with a couple of tie down straps to add extra stability when the bike is on the lift.

I'm happy with my purchase ... now I wish I had a garage to work on the bike Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:32:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Motorcycle jack on sale

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.