Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1986/1987 mods?  carb problems? (Read 2 times)
Weez
Ex Member

1986/1987 mods?  carb problems?
08/17/05 at 13:28:42

hey all,

I now realize that the mods nessesary for the carburetor and what not are different for the 1986/87 models.  The thing is I don't know what to do.  I want a aftermerket exhaust and any carb mods nessesary, so does anyone have a modded 86/87 or does anyone know what to do with these years?  

I'm also having trouble sometimes where it seems the engine isn't getting enough gas.  I will cruise at 15 mph but have the grip pulled back all the way with no acceleration, deeming it undrivable, but then randomly on a later attempt it'll take off.  Seems to me it is the carb.

thanks for the help

Weez

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Re: 1986/1987 mods?  carb problems?
Reply #1 - 08/17/05 at 14:20:14

I have an 87. i put a screaming eagle and a Lancer Carb. RUNS AWESOME.

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #2 - 08/18/05 at 10:24:28

Weez wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
hey all,

I now realize that the mods nessesary for the carburetor and what not are different for the 1986/87 models.  The thing is I don't know what to do.  I want a aftermerket exhaust and any carb mods nessesary, so does anyone have a modded 86/87 or does anyone know what to do with these years?  

I'm also having trouble sometimes where it seems the engine isn't getting enough gas.  I will cruise at 15 mph but have the grip pulled back all the way with no acceleration, deeming it undrivable, but then randomly on a later attempt it'll take off.  Seems to me it is the carb.

thanks for the help

Weez

You might want to try a fuel filter first you could be getting rust and stuff clogging the line/carb. That is where I started. I was having the same problem and the filter fixed it. I have an 87 and have put holes in the stock muffler, removed the air box cover and adjusted the mix screw the bike runs great. I am waiting for a screaming eagle from bobo right now it will be added later I like the sound and proformance with the holes in the stocker just want somethin smaller and better looking. 8)

IP Logged
Munson_kl279
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/05 at 10:32:18

I've got an '86, stock muffler (hopefully will be replaced soon), adjusted the mixture screw, removed the airbox and installed an aftermarket universal air filter out the side.

I had a similar experiance last season where I would give it gas to take off and it would be very sluggish but if I let off the gas and then gave it gas slower it would take off easily.  Haven't had any issues with it since I put it back together.  Of course I also had the engine rebuilt as well.

~Munson

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:34:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 1986/1987 mods?  carb problems?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.