Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mechanically Declined (Read 6 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

Mechanically Declined
08/16/05 at 20:37:38

I'm not too mechanically inclined, so I need some pointers from those who are.  I have a 2001 with 10000 plus miles on it.  HD Muffler, K & N air filter, and stock carb setup. (as far as I know)  I don't believe the previous owner touched the carb.  It starts and idles fine, and it runs OK, but it is kind of stuttery at low throttle applications.  If I pull the choke out one notch, it runs perfect.  Also, it acts like its out of gas when I run it with the gas set to "on".  If I put it in the PRI position, it runs fine.  Help.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Mechanically Declined
Reply #1 - 08/16/05 at 20:50:52

Is the must run on pri a new problem?

you need that 152.5 or 155 jet - is the brass plug still covering the idle mixture screw?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 08/16/05 at 21:05:53

Well, new or not I guess it's the same area - if it just bang started doing the out of gas on "on" - there's two lines on the petc0ck - the one going straight down is fuel to the bowl the other line that comes into the back side of the petc0ck is the vac line - check this line - take it off and see if it has gas in it doubtful - check it for any cracks or badly flared ends - wet your finger cover one end and pull a vacuum - does it stick to your tonge?

if that hose is fine - and was on tight to start with-  seems to me the diaphram inside the petc0ck could have went south - awful new bike for that

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/24/05 at 09:49:26

Thank you, Reelthing, I'm gonna try that right now.  I'll let you know if that did it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 16:09:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mechanically Declined

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.