Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Anyone know how to remove blueing from muffler? (Read 13 times)
Joni

Anyone know how to remove blueing from muffler?
08/22/05 at 19:43:22

Hey - does anyone know how to remove blueing off a muffler. I've got a really nice Jardine muffler that I really want to put on my bike - but it's got some bluing and I've tried several things from the bike shop and it's not working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Joni

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Anyone know how to remove blueing from muffler
Reply #1 - 08/22/05 at 20:20:16

blue away will work ok - but it takes some serious rub'n - and the blue will come back if you don't get the carb right.

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/22/05 at 20:36:10

BLUE JOB is da SH1T

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/22/05 at 21:46:08

Paint it black.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #4 - 08/23/05 at 06:13:20

I've heard of blue away, but Blue Job IS really the SHizNit. I had a Jardine that was seriously discolored, this stuff took it right back to shiny chrome, BUT you have to put some serious elbow grease into it.

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Savi650
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/23/05 at 06:40:21

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Paint it black.

Savage_Rob..  is the muffler in your bike painted in black...  could we see some pics??  Anyone?

Ride Safe!
Savi650

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 08/23/05 at 11:25:01

I'll try to take one this evening.  If the hi-temp black paint doesn't stay (and it may not because I couldn't find any primer at the time), I'll probably look into powder-coating it black.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savi650
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/23/05 at 14:16:30

I'll try to take one this evening.  If the hi-temp black paint doesn't stay (and it may not because I couldn't find any primer at the time), I'll probably look into powder-coating it black.

I think that's my next project...  It would be nice to have all the exahust system power coated in black.  That should look really nice!!  There's a powder coating company 1hr away from Chicago..  it seems that they do this kinda job exactly.  

http://www.powderperfect.com/index.asp

You can even get a free quote for the job.

Ride Safe!
Savi650

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 08/23/05 at 14:29:32

I have a friend who owns a powdercoating company near me.  He doesn't normally do this sort of thing - mostly large commercial stuff, I think.  I might be able to get him to throw mine into a run with some other stuff or at least point me in the direction of someone who does do this sort of thing.  I'm waiting to see how the paint holds up first.

Savi650
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/23/05 at 14:56:41

I have a friend who owns a powdercoating company near me.  He doesn't normally do this sort of thing - mostly large commercial stuff, I think.  I might be able to get him to throw mine into a run with some other stuff or at least point me in the direction of someone who does do this sort of thing.  I'm waiting to see how the paint holds up first.

Let us now about that.

Ride Safe!
Savi650

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 08/23/05 at 16:21:00

Well, here's my Nadine.  She's not really clean but she's not too dirty either.  I just took this in my driveway about 20 minutes ago.  102 F outside right now, whew!

bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #11 - 08/23/05 at 18:15:01

[quote author=Savage_Rob link=board=RubberSideDown;num=1124765002;start=0#10 date=08/23/05 at 16:21:00]102 F outside right now, whew!

I hear ya, this was at my house in Arlington on Saturday - shade, no less:

Your bike looks great by the way.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Savi650
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/23/05 at 18:59:34

Well, here's my Nadine.  She's not really clean but she's not too dirty either.  I just took this in my driveway about 20 minutes ago.  102 F outside right now, whew!

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/suzuki-savage-98-bikepics-414631.jpg

Very Very Nice!!  That is exactly what I have in mind..  I'll definitely will give the powder coating a try...  will let you guys now how that went.

Thanks Savage_Rob
Ride Safe!
Savi650

IP Logged
threezukes
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/23/05 at 23:53:31

I painted mine about a year ago with the cheap high temp BBQ grill paint by Krylon and it hasn't come off yet.  No primer.

Heres a link to a previous post with pics.  Sorry can't find a pic where I had the muffler painted black, but you can still see that the header still look ok.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 08/24/05 at 05:27:13

bobo383 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
102 F outside right now, whew!

I hear ya, this was at my house in Arlington on Saturday - shade, no less:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/bobo383/108on8-20-05.jpg
Your bike looks great by the way.

Yeah, 102 was the official.  I'm in Garland.  The one in my back yard showed 105.  Like Robin Williams said in Good Morning Vietnam, It's HOT!  darn HOT!.  Supposed to be about the same today... predicted high of 102 F.  Oh well, I grew up in San Antonio and have been in the Dallas area since I got out of the Navy in '87.  It's home.  We get pretty much year-round riding too.  And thanks!

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 15:34:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone know how to remove blueing from muffler?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.