mirrors (Read 6 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: mirrors
Reply #15 - 08/22/05 at 18:30:48

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
....all had "buzzy" mirrors. Motorcycle mirrors serve but one purpose, keeping the fuzz happy, since most states require at least one mirror. It isn't like you can actually see much in them.
-WD

Don't need to see much, just track what's behind you.  I check the mirrors about every three seconds in normal riding -- a bit less if interesting things are happening foreward; or on a limited access highway.  I find the stock mirrors to be quite satisfactory.

Mirrors can tell you if something is there.
Mirrors cannot tell you nothing is there.

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 08/22/05 at 19:32:06

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Thanks.  I guess I'll probably keep using my stock set since they work pretty well.  No impetus to change...

Oh you'll know when it's time to change them- the stock ones picked up a rattle that finally got so loud I could of thrown a rod and it wouldn't have sounded much different

there's some kind of very heavy stuff inside the stock mirrors 1/2 lb worth anyway - that stuff broken lose and dang... anyway you'll know it if it happens

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/23/05 at 01:49:20

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
USA made Ness mirrors are pretty good. The Ness Alternatives (authorized Taiwanese knock-offs) aren't worth the packaging they are shipped in.

I had the Ness Alternative Big Eye mirrors.  Looked okay on the bike, but there was vibration and distortion.  I mean, the visibility was perfectly adequate, but I think that was more because of the sheer size of the things.

Then one day while riding, the left mirror vibrated loose on the stem and started twisting.  Got home, Locktited the mirrors, and went back out.  An hour later the right mirror vibrated loose, and nothing would fix it.  Took 'em off, put the stock mirrors back on.  

I had a hell of a time trying to find decent mirrors.  I wanted something that would look good, offer decent visibility, and not have any quality issues.  Nobody I asked could recommend a mirror that met all three criteria.  Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:11:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › mirrors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.