Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i should have mailed the check (Read 8 times)
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
i should have mailed the check
08/15/05 at 18:07:58

so, i got this speeding ticket at the end of may,  i had till saturday to pay for it $174.00 us.  i figgured nice day for a ride so i'll ride the 90 miles to pay the ticket  .

i'm flying along the interstate, as i was getting off my exit i noticed  a state trooper backing down the on ramp. i said what the hey.  next thing i know he's behind me and lights me up.  i say what ya want me for. he replies speeding.  it was a bear in the air that got me. 82 in a 70  no slack. i''m gonna try to beat it as the guy that actually wrote the ticket didn't see the violation. usually the bear in the air notifies the ground unit, he then pulls in behind as a "pace"  then writes the violation.  nothing to lose by trying it, it's not like they can increase the penalty. as i was returning home, at the speed limit i might add, a truck passes the other way and this huge tumbleweed comes out from behind him, and i smack it, it just exploded, crap in the face and arms.  i pull over pick all the pieces of me and thumper.
then about 20 miles from home i hit my second sparrow of the year. i took it in the right shoulder this time, and boy howdy it left a mark.  all in all,  i should have just mailed the check. Sad

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: i should have mailed the check
Reply #1 - 08/15/05 at 18:15:27

Those days happen for sure - what's the saying - some days your the windshield some days your the bug! Man it would seem like bear in the air only could be beat - wonder do they time you or laser you now days?

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 08/15/05 at 18:25:58

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Those days happen for sure - what's the saying - some days your the windshield some days your the bug! Man it would seem like bear in the air only could be beat - wonder do they time you or laser you now days?

here in washington state they time using marks on the roadway.  i have some inside info that may help raise "reasonable doubt"  like if they are timing more than one at a time.  are you sure you were checking the right stop watch.  what formal training is offered when you are timing  mulitiples.   what they really rely on is the ground unit as a pacer.  it didn't happen this way today.  i'll give it a shot.  this will only be a 40 mile ride.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #3 - 08/15/05 at 18:53:27

That sure does seem like a waste of your tax dollars, airplanes, stopwatches, and time marks, for a guy going about 10 miles over the limit - now if you were on a crotchrocket knocking down 150 it'd be different.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 08/15/05 at 19:15:57

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
That sure does seem like a waste of your tax dollars, airplanes, stopwatches, and time marks, for a guy going about 10 miles over the limit - now if you were on a crotchrocket knocking down 150 it'd be different.

and that's why i'm gonna make em waste a few more dollars when i plead not guilty.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 08/15/05 at 19:41:11

Since the ground unit did not pace you the pilot would have to show up in court so that you may face your accuser.  As it is normal for the ground unit to pace it would be abnormal for the pilot to show.  

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 08/15/05 at 19:44:51

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Since the ground unit did not pace you the pilot would have to show up in court so that you may face your accuser.  As it is normal for the ground unit to pace it would be abnormal for the pilot to show.  

that's what i'm counting on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:18:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › i should have mailed the check

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.