Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where to put "I am Bidding On" items (Read 3 times)
sniperjim
Ex Member

Where to put "I am Bidding On" items
08/02/05 at 15:37:39

I really enjoy the great lengths that are going into cleaning up the technical corner, but I would like to make a suggestion/question!

Could we either start a thread or perhaps direct everyone's attention somewhere so we all know who is bidding on what on ebay?  I certainly don't want to bid on something that I would use as a "backup" if it is a piece that someone here needs to get thier savage back on the road.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Where to put "I am Bidding On" items
Reply #1 - 08/02/05 at 20:53:39

sniperjim wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I really enjoy the great lengths that are going into cleaning up the technical corner, but I would like to make a suggestion/question!

Could we either start a thread or perhaps direct everyone's attention somewhere so we all know who is bidding on what on ebay?  I certainly don't want to bid on something that I would use as a "backup" if it is a piece that someone here needs to get thier savage back on the road.

call me an **shole  but,  my thoughts are this.  

"alls fair in love, war, and e-bay"   Shocked

if ya want/need it bad enough, do whatever it takes to get it.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 08/02/05 at 22:05:29

Too true...wish one of y'all had bid against my wife on the Savage and Intruder belts from E-bay U.K. Got stuck with both of them. Oh well, such is life.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/03/05 at 05:58:54

I agree.  Letting folks here know you're bidding on something is simply a heads-up.  If you really want it, it's a free-market economy, baby! ... or something resembling one anyway...
In any case, there are no rules and no hard feelings incurred regardless of whether someone decides to bid against you.  Personally, I'll post if I am so folks can either lay off or say that they really need it or whatever.  I mean, if it's just something I want to tinker with or maybe keep for spare parts, I'd likely blow it off and let someone else here have it if they needed it.  By the same token, I'd hope they'd do the same for me but I don't expect it.  That's just my take.

I'd suggest just post it in the RSD and use the word "auction" or "bid" somewhere in the title. If you start to feel fidgety when it gets closer to ending, give the thread a bump.

Who knows?  Maybe you'd be better off not mentioning something and hoping nobody else notices...........

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 08/03/05 at 05:59:18

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Too true...wish one of y'all had bid against my wife on the Savage and Intruder belts from E-bay U.K. Got stuck with both of them. Oh well, such is life.
-WD

ROFLMAO!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:43:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where to put "I am Bidding On" items

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.