Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2nd place savage... (Read 10 times)
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

2nd place savage...
07/28/05 at 10:43:49

Hey folks,

I just read in the newest metric Roadbike that a savage took runner up in the "Radical Custom" category at some bike show.  I forget which one...  I will poke around for it, though...

k

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: 2nd place savage...
Reply #1 - 07/28/05 at 11:12:29

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Hey folks,

I just read in the newest metric Roadbike that a savage took runner up in the "Radical Custom" category at some bike show.  I forget which one...  I will poke around for it, though...

k

In the August 2005 issue there was also a chopped Savage in the section of photos submitted by readers.  Looked pretty good.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 07/29/05 at 07:02:45

Yeah, that  one is pretty nice.  The springer front end looks pretty nice on it, but the trail is way off.

The bike show the other savage was at was the "The Big City Classic."

I'll see if I can find a pic while my coffee filters through my brain at (b4) work...

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 07/29/05 at 08:44:45

8)I think it's cool that the LS650 is finally gettin' some press in the trade mags and some respect at the Bike Shows!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 07/29/05 at 10:36:35

I agree.  In the town square, they have a, well not quite bike show, but bike gathering every tuesday during the summer.  I usually take my savage.  No one ever knows what the heck it is.  Like that old bill murray & steve martin skit on snl, I get a lot of "What the H*ll is that?"  BIG single.  Nowadays, the savage is essentially an exotic bike, IMO...  A good one, at that.

...I couldn't find any pics of the runner up bike...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 07/29/05 at 10:48:01

Yup.  And isn't it amazing that in a world filled with overpriced butt-jewelry that a simple, inexpensive and dependable bike is exotic?  What a world; what a world!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 07/29/05 at 11:56:11

8)Agreement all around ... owning such a peculiar "niche" Bike like the Savage/S40 has a multitude of rewards ... not the least of which is it's very uniqueness in all of Cruiser-dom!!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:05:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2nd place savage...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.