Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Free Emergency Card
07/11/05 at 08:25:54

It is always a good idea to have your emergency contact information on you. Here is a form I created. All you have to do is fill in the info, cut out the card and fold it in half -- it should fit in standard-size wallets.

In order to display it here, I scanned it in as a jpeg but I do have it as a Word document. If anyone wants the word doc, just send me an email suzukisavage@comcast.net.

Also, if someone has a way to host a link to a Word doc just let me know and I will send you the doc so we can put the link here...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Re: Free Emergency Card
Reply #1 - 07/11/05 at 13:31:02

Susan, that's a great idea. I carry all my medical information on a computer printout with my license and insurance card, including a list of the medications I am on. I also have my home phone number programed into my cell phone as "Home Phone" so any good samaritan who might help me can reach the people who need to know in case of emergency. My oldest daughter was thrown from a horse years ago and was found only by accident by a passing rancher. He had no idea who or where she came from. After calling an ambulance & sending her off (unconscious) to the hospital, he drove around until he found the Vet clinic she worked at and told them what had happened. If she had carried some ID in her jeans, it would have been much easier for all of us. We just assumed everyone knows who we are and that nothing will happen but unfortunately it sometimes does.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 07/11/05 at 13:49:09

i had a set of dogtags made that has my vital information on them.  i figgured if it's a accident situation the first thing they would do is rip open my shirt.  cost me about 10 bucks

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Deb
2005 No Login

02 silver savage :)
In the mountains of
East Tenn.

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 07/11/05 at 14:48:29

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
i had a set of dogtags made that has my vital information on them.  i figgured if it's a accident situation the first thing they would do is rip open my shirt.  cost me about 10 bucks

Do you mind sharing with us where you could get these dogtags? Are there a site on the net?

YaBBCJunior
Littled200056   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 07/11/05 at 15:21:03

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 07/12/05 at 17:32:57

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:

and susan's idea is a pretty darn good one also.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #6 - 07/13/05 at 22:08:52

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
It is always a good idea to have your emergency contact information on you. Here is a form I created. All you have to do is fill in the info, cut out the card and fold it in half -- it should fit in standard-size wallets.

In order to display it here, I scanned it in as a jpeg but I do have it as a Word document. If anyone wants the word doc, just send me an email suzukisavage@comcast.net.

Also, if someone has a way to host a link to a Word doc just let me know and I will send you the doc so we can put the link here...

http://suzukisavage.com/images/uploaded/Emergency-Card.jpg

Great idea....

Of course, when you get my age a copy of a will might be good too.  Gotta know where to return the bike.  8)

IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Reply #7 - 07/14/05 at 03:59:54

I use Cycle Gadgets helmet  info sheet. They provide them free to customers (no purchase necessary). They come with a nice little plastic holder that keeps it on the outside of the helmet to make is easy to find.  I have one on each of my helmets.

http://cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=MICS

I also remember seeing a sticker somwhere that said something like "Do not remove helmet without a doctor present!" but I cannot seem to locate one.

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:23:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Free Emergency Card