Send Topic Print
lake day photos (Read 18 times)
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Re: lake day photos
Reply #30 - 07/20/05 at 12:39:42

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Who originally owned the Intruder?  Did you steal it from him?  Smiley

And you know what's even stranger than the man on a smaller bike?....you are the member in this forum and your husband isn't.  Tell him to join this forum and chat with the rest of us wimps.  That will make him feel better  Grin

Just tell hubby that you ride whatever is comfortable for you, and that is all that matters.

No, I didn't steal it.   Tongue

The Savage was originally my bike.  Unlike a lot of married women, I started riding first...not because my man rides. I bought the Savage for myself a year ago.

However, my job moved 80 miles down the interstate and I wanted something more substantial so I could make that 160 mile trek up and down I-95 everyday.

So I bought myself an Intruder.  But I love my Savage so much, that I couldn't bear to part with it, so I encouraged my hubby to learn to ride, which he is doing quite well.

And he is so computer illiterate it's not even amusing...so I tell him the good stuff from the forum and let it go at that.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #31 - 07/20/05 at 14:24:15

I bought my Savage in February 1998, AFTER buying a 1987 Rebel 450 for my wife. The Rebel croaked, sold it to a guy from the Heise forum and bought her the Intruder in 2000. Gave away (yes, gave away) my Savage and am stuck riding her Intruder.

Only reason I do the forum stuff myself is because she got sick of reading posts on the Heise forum to me back in March 1998. I don't even know where the power button is on the "confuser". Don't care either.

I don't envy you an 80 mile one way commute on an Intruder. I could make 25 miles on the Savage at a stretch. Barely handle 17 on the Intruder. Less than a week on the Intruder as a commuter, and I am firmly convinced I'll NEVER buy a Suzuki again. Savage is too small, Intruder has lousy ergonomics (for me), and the new Boulevards (what a stupid name) are just too "plastic fantastic cheezy" for words. I'd rather push my old AMF 1970 Shovelhead (that leaked a quart a day). It may have been a roached out piece of junk, but at least it was comfortable and all metal.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #32 - 07/20/05 at 15:15:03

WinkHey WD ... I know the Savage ain't no "high end" motorcycle ... but there's very little plastic ... in fact unlike some of the 750-800cc class Cruisers from Honda, Yami and yes 'Zuki (i.e. Volusia), the side covers and both front & rear fenders of the LS are all solid Fe ... IMHO not bad for such a "low end" Bike ...
BTW, those old 450 Rebels are Classics in every sense of the word ... I'd saw off a leg for a mint 450 Reb!
Anyhoo WD, I really hope ya find a scoot that suits ya ... and please be sure to post up a few pics.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 07/20/05 at 17:56:48

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I don't envy you an 80 mile one way commute on an Intruder. I could make 25 miles on the Savage at a stretch. Barely handle 17 on the Intruder. Less than a week on the Intruder as a commuter, and I am firmly convinced I'll NEVER buy a Suzuki again. Savage is too small, Intruder has lousy ergonomics (for me), and the new Boulevards (what a stupid name) are just too "plastic fantastic cheezy" for words.

I agree that the Intruder is not the greatest ergo design, but mine has a nice aftermarket seat and I'm planning to add forward controls.  

All in all, I really like my Intruder a lot.  I'm short and stocky and both bikes fit me well.  I like the placement of the controls on the Savage better, though.

As for the 80 mile commute, it's not a great ride no matter what...Anything that requires me to start thinking at 6:00 am has inheirant problems in and of itself.

But I love my job and there aren't any better ones around, so I make the commute.  At least I can turn it into riding time!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:07:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › lake day photos

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.