Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where can I find a sissy bar for my s40? (Read 18 times)
daggett64
Ex Member

Where can I find a sissy bar for my s40?
07/03/05 at 12:12:59

I just got a new S40 two days ago. This is my first bike,and I love it! But I can't find any supply,or mail order shops that carry a sissy bar for it! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Undecided

IP Logged
jennifrb
Ex Member

Re: Where can I find a sissy bar for my s40?
Reply #1 - 07/03/05 at 12:26:45

What you need is to swap the side chrome on your rear fender with someone who has an older bike.  The older bikes came standard with the sissy bar and it attaches to the side chrome on the rear fender.  I'd swap with you, but mine is scratched some and wouldn't be a fair trade!  Wink

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 07/03/05 at 15:09:11

I see sets on eBay fairly often.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
daggett64
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/03/05 at 15:13:58

Thanks for the info. The dealer didn't mention that there wasn't many after market parts for this bike. Seems odd that they(Suzuki) don't offer sissy bars,ect. for their own bike. They have lots of stuff for their other models.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 07/03/05 at 15:18:50

They were stock on the Savages but gone on the S40s.  As mentioned above, you could probably get someone to swap with you though.  There are a number of Savage owners going for the bobbed look and removing theirs.  Though I like the bobbers, I haven't been able to part with my trunk.  I guess it's possibe I'll wind up with a spring-seated bagger when I'm done.... LOL, like we're ever really DONE.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #5 - 07/04/05 at 03:21:16

daggett64 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Thanks for the info. The dealer didn't mention that there wasn't many after market parts for this bike. Seems odd that they(Suzuki) don't offer sissy bars,ect. for their own bike. They have lots of stuff for their other models.

Suzuki does offer the sissybar and fenderrails.

http://www.mrcycles.com/eshopprod_cat_1604-9149-10712_product_150537.Backrest...
Note: the luggare rack is NOT included

However, I think your better off (cheaper) to swap with a Savage rider. There's a post about that.
When you do the swap exchange also the attachment bolts, the are different. Keep the lock.

Wish I could swap, bu the shipping cost are too high .

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #6 - 07/04/05 at 09:44:21

I'll swap with you if you want assuming you are in the states. Where are you?

My bike is a 2004 and the chrome is in perfect shape. What we would have to do is swap the chrome sidebars, the attachment bolts and I would also send you the sissy bar and pad (fits into the chrome sidebars). Interested?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #7 - 07/04/05 at 13:42:33

For accessories and where to buy them, see this thread and this one.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
daggett64
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/04/05 at 15:15:44

Susan,I'll check with my hubby. He does all the work on our bikes. I like riding with him but, his bike(Meanstreak,big bore kit,H K Sideburners pipes) gives me a headache. It's sooo loud that I can hardly stand to ride behind him. He says for me to get some ear plugs! I wear a fullface helmet,and it is still way too loud. I think I'm about to start riding by myself,or way back in the pack! Polly Smiley PS. I almost forgot,I live in Central Illinois.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #9 - 07/04/05 at 17:39:02

Hey Polly, Sounds good. Just let me know. Regarding the ear plugs, they say you are supposed to wear them even under a full face helmet. I've tried it and it doesn't work too well for me since my hubby and I use in helmet radios...but maybe it would work for you.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #10 - 07/05/05 at 06:46:48

Susan,I'll check with my hubby. He does all the work on our bikes. I like riding with him but, his bike(Meanstreak,big bore kit,H K Sideburners pipes) gives me a headache. It's sooo loud that I can hardly stand to ride behind him. He says for me to get some ear plugs! I wear a fullface helmet,and it is still way too loud. I think I'm about to start riding by myself,or way back in the pack! Polly Smiley PS. I almost forgot,I live in Central Illinois.

Forget the earplugs - ride in front of him! Wink

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 07/05/05 at 07:17:55

Riding with earplugs is actually big-time illegal in most locations. They tend not to enforce it but...

Set-up properly, a Savage sounds just like a late 1960s UH-1 medivac helicopter/gunship...you know, a Huey.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
daggett64
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/06/05 at 21:31:59

Well,my husband found a sissy bar from Suzuki. I guess he will be installing it on my bike soon!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 20:32:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where can I find a sissy bar for my s40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.