Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cam chain broke (Read 8 times)
Jim_R
Ex Member

cam chain broke
07/06/05 at 13:38:53

Well it seems after inspection from my local mechanic that my chain broke and broke the tensioner as well.  All the valves are bent and left tiny indentations on top of the piston as well.  Im guessing that loud noise in my engine was the chain rattling around and smacking the wall of the engine until one day it decided to break and leave me savageless.  The mechanic thinks the piston is salvageable but my god the price has already gone over my head and thank god my dad is my sponser hehe.

He has already paid $200 to even inspect it and im getting the final price at 5 pm($1100.00 including the 200).  IM expecting this to be a very long stick to shove up my butt and im excited just thinking how much of a learning experience this can be.
I do feel very bad that its costing this much money but what are ya gonna do with a dead bike, besides part it out.  I know its still cheaper than buying a decent dependable motorcycle in my area.

Anyone else have any horror stories from the mechanic from hell?  Whats the most someone has paid to get one fixed I wonder.  Thanks for everyones help again, because we were getting spark, fuel, and air, just no compression.  God its gonna take another week but there is light at the end of the tunnel.   It also is paved with gold at my dads expense.  ARG!

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: cam chain broke
Reply #1 - 07/06/05 at 22:52:31

I have one Savage exactly like this in my back yard. The previous owner did not like to ride with an air filter.
The price of Your repair seems a little on the high side but may be the mechanick is thinking about a complete rebuilding. The best thing is to keep an eye on eBay and buy a good engine when one shows up.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:49:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cam chain broke

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.