Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sluggo's Bobber & "Build or Bust" (Read 17 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
sluggo's Bobber & "Build or Bust"
06/29/05 at 03:32:31

8)Was watching an episode of SpeedTV's Build or Bust last evening and noticed a visual similarity between the Bike that a guy named Bill Wall was building in Russ Mitchell's shop and sluggo's Bobber ... minimalist styling, chopped chromed rear fender, et al ... looked real nice! And the paint job that buddy had on his tank would look real cool on sluggo's Bob Job for sure ... red & white in the pattern of a WW2 era Japanese Naval Battle flag ... would suit slug's Japanese bike better actually, since the Build or Bust bike was surely mostly American parts ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: sluggo's Bobber & "Build or Bust"
Reply #1 - 06/29/05 at 16:07:17

perry, thanks for the kind words. i saw the show with my wife, and she said "hey that looks just like your bike", i replied "sure does and mine was less expensive".

i would consider that paint scheme, minus the NORMAD graffic..  and for the one or two of you out the who haven't seen thumper   here we go  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
mikeonbike1962
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/30/05 at 13:00:14

Ok, first post,  I usually live at vtxoa.com or intruderalert.com so you can dig up my past there. Now that that is said...

I like the bike above.  I have really grown to like the bobber thing.  I picked up a 1400 to do it to it and then my wife claimed it.  So $2000 later, I have no project bike and less funds for it.  So, I'm looking at a savage in the parking lot, I thought... h'mmmm.  What if...  I think the savage shares many frame/body parts with the intruder.  Who has bobbed those?  Now I know.   The frame lends itself to some cool customs.

The resale on some savages (sorry guys, but you already know this) go low.  This makes it a great was to "do your thing" without going into debt.   Having said this I possibly have turned my attention to the 650.  I now nothing about it.   I will be crusing the site to find out more about it.

I guess I have questions like, what's the power feel like?  If you pipe it, will you regret it?  sounds like a ____????  Rides like ??

btw, in addition to the 1400 I also have an 03 Valkyrie and a host of < 100 cc bikes in the garage as well.  

thanks and I look forward to some responses.

mike

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 06/30/05 at 13:33:17

Lots to read.  First read over the stuff in the Technical Corner BUT DON'T POST QUESTIONS THERE.  Sorry, but it seems that too many people lately refuse to read the description of the forum or the Read Me post at the top of it.  That forum is for technical docs and procedures, etc. and will answer a lot of your questions - and likely generate others.  Try doing a serach on others on the site.  You'll find a lot.  In general, the bike runs very lean stock and will require rejetting, aftermarket exhaust and increased airflow to improve it dramatically.  That said, it has lots of low-end torquebut the top speed is somewhere between 85-105, depending on the bike, riding conditions and rider.  The seat is not very comfortable but is easily modified and the pillion is only for someone you really hate.  If you are over about 5' 11", you may want to sit on it before you buy.  Forward control kits are available and some folks have made their own.  Okay, I think that's the basic nutshell anyway.

If you've bought it already, welcome to the club.  If not, it's a great bike but not for everyone.

Wear you gear and ride safe!

Rob

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 06/30/05 at 22:30:27

mikeonbike1962 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
...I guess I have questions like, what's the power feel like?  If you pipe it, will you regret it?  sounds like a ____????  Rides like ??

The sounds like is HERE

The Savage is the largest displacement bike I've ridden.  I like small bikes -- I rode a DT175 for a dozen years.  IMO the Savage has more than enough power for the streets.

The Savage is physically the same dimensions as a 250cc bike.  It rides like a small bike.  Until you twist the throttle.

Regret?  You can do it, regret it, and do something else.
Or you can regret never having done it.  Your choice.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 14:39:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › sluggo's Bobber & "Build or Bust"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.