Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
top speed totally stock
06/20/05 at 13:38:04

i finally got thumper up to what i belive is it's top speed today. thumper is in a totally stock condition power train wise, although it does weigh in at a measly 300 lbs.

it's 90 degrees absolutley no wind (which seldom happens here in moses lake).  i laid out prone on the tank with chin of full faced helmet resting on risers. i saw 96 on the speedo as i raised up to look, as i sat upright it dropped to 87 as wind resistance kicked in.

i'm a happy camper to see that top speed. not that i will ride that fast, yeah right.  i should be able to top 100 with some minor mods. and a set of big brass balls.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: top speed totally stock
Reply #1 - 06/20/05 at 13:39:59

I got up a tad over 80 on the Harbor Freeway and my eyeballs started bouncing in their sockets.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 06/20/05 at 13:46:14

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I got up a tad over 80 on the Harbor Freeway and my eyeballs started bouncing in their sockets.

well ya,  that roadway surface sux, so it was not the machines fault.  btw  i keep mine from falling out by keeping them closed.  Shocked

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 06/20/05 at 13:55:37

Pal. you need to cage those eyeballs, can't have you riding around with the world bouncing all over the place.
Man, this morning was great.  I got out on the open road at about 10am, it was somewhere around 72 deg, the sun was shining, just the slightest breeze........just beautiful.  I was just enjoying God's creation...wow, what a wonderful way to spend the morning.  
I made a couple of stops along the way, and then on the way home, along a safe stretch through the countryside, I was DOING THE TON.  The Savage was having a greart time of it, just humming right along and feeling good.
If I can get out early tomorrow morning I may try to get up to the mountains for some time on the curves.
YA'LL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 06/20/05 at 18:02:55

after the speed run, i went an a nice little 125 mile ride down to the columbia river, followed it along for 30 miles. stopped at a spot and went skinny dipping, sorry no photo's and thats a good thing.  wx in the 90's  was a great ride. just a tip.  pop a couple of advil,tylenol,aleve your choice before you take off, it really helps the butt sore factor.

IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/20/05 at 19:25:17

sluggo and lancer you two have the biggest sets on this board have seen 85 on mine ithought i was soon to be air borne. but it is nice to do the mods and know if you riding along at 65 and need to move out to stay alive that the bike will go from 65 to 85 just like that. because sometimes brakes will not save your life but acceleration will

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 06/20/05 at 19:35:37

Goose wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
sometimes brakes will not save your life but acceleration will

amen brother, in all my years of riding the throttle has gotten me out of trouble more times than the brakes ever have. for me the only trouble i have with the throttle are the speed violations.

96 mph was stock, wait till the screaming eagle and carb from lancer.  wa hooooo.  btw  wife not happy with the news.  but it's a single seater so she wont be on it when something bad happens/happened.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/15/24 at 12:53:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › top speed totally stock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.