Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just installed my new Screaming Eagle muffler (Read 40 times)
gandalph40
Ex Member

Just installed my new Screaming Eagle muffler
06/20/05 at 06:00:35

Holy cow!  Grin  THIS is what a bike called a Savage should sound like!   I took the bike for a 30 mile "test ride" and it sounds great with an edgy 'brap' on accel and a really nice low rumble on decel.  No noticeable increase in backfiring over my Sportster muffler, might even be a little less.  My top-end has increased some...I had the bike up to about 85 with a lot of throttle still to go.  I had never had the bike up over 80 previously,  but at 80 it sort of felt "winded".  Those Hardley riders got nuthin' on the Savage when it comes to a great sounding bike.  

Thanks to Lancer for the REALLY REALLY nice Screaming Eagle muffler.  If he gets more of these...and if you like loud pipes...you really ought to try it out!  Cheesy

Tom

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Just installed my new Screaming Eagle muffler
Reply #1 - 06/20/05 at 06:38:50

I am pleased that you like it.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 06/20/05 at 07:39:53

Chalk up another victory for Lancer! I told you guys he's the carb god... guess I'll have to add the exhaust god as well? I know I'm appreciative of his tinkering and not selling us untried junk.

These bikes LOVE free flowing exhausts. I regularly take mine up to high speeds to "blow the carbon out" of it... Roll Eyes  Savage that can breathe properly is definitely a nice toy. (It has 2 wheels, it's a toy, a car or truck is a tool)
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #3 - 06/20/05 at 08:51:35

Pics of the muffler please, my Jardine is gettin tired of being polished. How do I get one of these screamin' eagles? Lancer ?

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/20/05 at 09:00:13

He said he still has 2 of the turn-down style... go here...http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=Market;action=display;num=11175...  Although mine is the slash-cut, I doubt there is any performance difference with the turn-down.  I believe there is a picture of lancer's slash-cut on the same thread.

Tom

IP Logged
lcs151
Ex Member

iRe: Just installed my new Screaming Eagle muffler
Reply #5 - 06/20/05 at 09:16:51

i second that! i got my screamin eagle on yesterday and DEEEEEEEEEAAAM. sound freakin awesome... we ended up using the car clamp to secure it, then put the cover over it and you cant even see it. the brake cable still touches the end of the pipe though. so we pounded the brake lever toward the wheel- has about 1/4 inch clearance now. any other suggestions? but if anyone is on the fence about getting SEs, just DO IT!! you will love it! im taking it in tomorrow to the dealer so they can rejet the carb and put in a new air filter. also ordering custom decals for the tank (cheaper than repainting). when this bike is done its gonna be awesome. will send photos of the final product when shes all done.
dont ride naked,
lauren

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 06/20/05 at 11:26:37

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
....Savage that can breathe properly is definitely a nice toy. (It has 2 wheels, it's a toy, a car or truck is a tool)
-WD

I have to differ on this -- my Savage is not a toy, it's my primary means of transportation.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 06/20/05 at 13:07:46

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I have to differ on this -- my Savage is not a toy, it's my primary means of transportation.

But then again, you live in LA LA land where everything is different than the rest of the world.  Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 06/20/05 at 14:07:27

Dudes,

Thank you for your kind words.

I do have 2 turndowns,  2 NICE Supertrapps shortly, and slashcuts also...maybe tapered slash.  
Will post pics in the MARKET as they arrive.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #9 - 06/20/05 at 18:42:55

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
But then again, you live in LA LA land where everything is different than the rest of the world.  Shocked

As the Colonel said when I presented my orders that said I could fly in fatiques, "That's a mouth shutter."

WWW   IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/20/05 at 19:39:27

how to the sreamin eagles compare to the mac? because the wife and i both have the mac and they are LOUD but her s-40 with the mac and a 155 main air screw out 2 and 1/2 turns will run away and hide from old 95 with 22k. i know i rode hers and it is quick.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/15/24 at 13:07:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just installed my new Screaming Eagle muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.