Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Choke? (Read 6 times)
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Re: Choke?
Reply #15 - 06/04/05 at 17:11:00

Quote:
Here's what I do ... and bear in mind that where I live in eastern Nfld. that for most of the Riding season ('cept mid Summer) it's probably cooler in the mornings than where you live (mid 30's to low 40'sF).  
Pull choke full out and start Bike (usually takes only one crank of starter). Once started push choke in to 1/2 position. Let idle in neutral while I pull on helmet, gloves and zip jacket. Leave choke out at 1/2 ... slowly Ride for about 1 mile then push choke in all the way. Usually fine and well warmed up by then!  

Sounds about right.  That's pretty much what I do here.  It is typically 40 or so in the am (sometimes colder), except in the mid-summer.

IP Logged
CHRIS
2005 No Login

FRIENDSVILLE, MARYLAND
Reply #16 - 06/04/05 at 18:10:25

I'D ALMOST HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING DIFFERENT PIPES AND THAT MEANS YOU ALL PROBABLY REJETTED OR TURNED OUT THE AIR/FUEL SCREW A LITTLE. I KNOW THAT SUZUKI SETS THERE MACHINE UP QUITE LEAN FROM THE FACTORY FOR EMISSIONS REASONS. FROM MY UNDERSTANDING THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T SEE SO CALLED "CALIFORNIA" MODELS ANYMORE ON THE MODEL LINE-UPS, THERE ALL SET THE SAME TO COMPLY THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #17 - 06/04/05 at 18:54:06

From the Suziki Site:

" Dry Weight: 160kg (352 lbs.) 161kg (355 lbs.) CA model "

(We get stuck with three pounds of extra Californian polution controls.)

ALso, on this site you can read where Californian and European models have smaller jets.

WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #18 - 06/04/05 at 20:35:39

Chris,

My LS650 is straight stock (it had 15 miles on it when I got it), I haven't done anything except the 600 mile stuff - don't have 2600 miles on it yet.

Mine runs better than my wife's vulcan which seems to be a little bit cold blooded.

Kevin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 08:24:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Choke?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.