Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Adding to the fleet (Read 5 times)
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Re: Adding to the fleet
Reply #15 - 05/28/05 at 14:11:06

Well folks, I brought her home today and now my two Suzuki's are playing in the yard like puppies...I'm happy as a pig in mud!

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/28/05 at 14:18:45

What's funny is, as I've said before, my husband doesn't ride.  So I stopped by the leather shop today to pick up my chaps and I was telling the guy about my new bike and hubby was standing there.  Another customer smiled and said, "So now you both have bikes?"  I turned and laughed and said, "Nope, now I have two!"

Of course, that's all going to change.  Hubby really does want to ride so I'm trying to get him into the next MSF course and get him on the Savage.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #17 - 05/28/05 at 20:42:54

You said it was a '93, above.  On the other site you tag the Intruder as a '95.  Which?  (Hopefully a '93 so I don't have to correct your page.)

Also noticed you're using for an avatar (I'm flattered!)

They allow 100x100:  Gif: or Jpg:

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #18 - 05/29/05 at 16:47:58

8)Congrats on the 'Truder! They are great Bikes ... a pal of mine replaced his old '86 LS650 with a brand new '04 VS800 last year ... and he is totally smitten by the Intruder ... looks great and goes like a scalded cat!
Enjoy and Ride Safe.
P.S. curious ... are you gonna hang on the Savage as well?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/30/05 at 19:53:34

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
You said it was a '93, above.  On the other site you tag the Intruder as a '95.  Which?  (Hopefully a '93 so I don't have to correct your page.)

Also noticed you're using http://www.andruschak.net/Avatars/ThumperAV.gif for an avatar (I'm flattered!)

They allow 100x100:  Gif:http://www.andruschak.net/Avatars/Thumper100.gif or Jpg:http://www.andruschak.net/Avatars/Thumper100.jpg

Whoops, sorry, I didn't even think about the page.  Truth is, I was looking and and planning to buy a 93 Intruder when all of a sudden, out of the blue I found a 95 that was really a better deal.  So it is a 95...

The owner of the 93 still hasn't managed to get a clear title, which was starting to make me a little leary...and his bike had no windshield (something I really love having), a stock seat, and some rust on the underside that I wasn't too thrilled about.  The 95 has more miles, but appears better maintained and has the greatest leather seat imaginable.  And a big ol' windshield...

As for the Thumper avatar...I hope you don't mind.  I didn't remember where I got it, but it is absolutely the cutest thing in the world.  I love it!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #20 - 05/31/05 at 05:19:34

Motorcycles appear to be similar to automobiles as to durability -- 100,000 miles is not abnormal on a maintained machine.  Unless you use the bike as a long distance daily commuter the mileage does not mean as much as condition.

WWW   IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/31/05 at 11:49:29

Paladin:  That's about the way I was thinking too.  The last three vehicles I've owned have topped 200,000 miles because we took good care of them.

This bike has been babied and loved and it shows.  That said more to me than a lower mileage bike with a questionable history...how do I even know they are being honest about the miles?

And I do sort of plan on using the bike as a long distance daily commuter.  My job is moving.  Right now they are 4 miles from home, but soon it will be 70+.

Perry:  You are absolutely right.  Once I got the hang of it, scalded cat is a good mental picture.  I hit the interstate and gave the throttle a good twist coming off the ramp...now I know why there's a backrest on this thing!  Good thing I was hanging on!

And yes, I'm keeping the Savage too.  I really love that bike and the Intruder is powerful, but the Savage has more "pep".  I'm hoping to convince the hubby to ride with me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:45:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Adding to the fleet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.