Send Topic Print
new jardine exhaust (Read 63 times)
tfrawg75
2005 No Login

that's right  
I  do rock

Re: new jardine exhaust
Reply #15 - 05/21/05 at 10:03:06

is that for the main jet? and if it is running that lean should I just jump to a 155

IP Logged
tfrawg75
2005 No Login

that's right  
I  do rock

Reply #16 - 05/21/05 at 10:18:40

one more thing I know I saw somewhere on here how to change jets but I can't seem to find it

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 05/21/05 at 19:33:42

Jardine slip-ons do tend to discolor rapidly. Doesn't matter what bike they go on. Probably for the posuers who never ride their "butt jewelry", so they can pretend they are in fact bikers.  Roll Eyes  Fatten up the main and pilot jets, soon. A honey colored pipe is normal, blue or purple, you need carb tweaking.
-WD

$40 grand and 40 miles doesn't make you a biker.
Bikers are a rare breed, Harley riders are a dime a dozen.
Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Daniel Ormsby

Reply #18 - 09/21/05 at 10:23:04

Hi,

Ive been looking around the internet for a new pipe. I was told by the dealer that the Jardine slashcut slip on is the only aftermarket pipe for my 2005 boulevard ls650 (s40). What else if anything is required for fitting of this pipe? also will this be louder? and will it help stop some of the backfiring?

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #19 - 09/21/05 at 10:40:16

Daniel Ormsby wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Hi,

Ive been looking around the internet for a new pipe. I was told by the dealer that the Jardine slashcut slip on is the only aftermarket pipe for my 2005 boulevard ls650 (s40). What else if anything is required for fitting of this pipe? also will this be louder? and will it help stop some of the backfiring?

There are lots of mufflers being fitted to LS650 / S40s. I have a Supertrapp and like it alot. There's also the Mac muffler, Raask exhaust, and all types of Harley mufflers.

Aftermarket exhaust will be louder (some louder than others) and will backfire more (and blue the exhaust) unless you rejet the carb. With a rejet, backfiring will be minimal and the bike will run a whole lot better.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #20 - 09/21/05 at 11:42:05

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:

I remember when my savage was new and shiney like that!  Then it faded toa dull red/orange... now it's ugly and flat black... sniff sniff... kinda miss the ol' red  :'(

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #21 - 09/21/05 at 12:41:48

Daniel Ormsby wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Hi,

Ive been looking around the internet for a new pipe. I was told by the dealer that the Jardine slashcut slip on is the only aftermarket pipe for my 2005 boulevard ls650 (s40). ....

You need to translate that from "Dealer" to "English."  Roughly "I have a Jardine I kicking around that I need to get rid of."

I have found very few dealers of anything that are anywhere near as knowledgeable as the fanatics.   (There are some fanatics working at dealerships, 'tis rare but pleasurable.)

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 09/21/05 at 13:16:06

Dynobob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Aftermarket exhaust will be louder (some louder than others) and will backfire more (and blue the exhaust) unless you rejet the carb. With a rejet, backfiring will be minimal and the bike will run a whole lot better.

And allow me to clarify a bit on that for someone new...
The simplistic nutshell version:
The increased backfiring wouldn't be because the muffler messed up the system.  Basically, the bike has too little fuel being mixed with the air in the first place (stock).  When you improve airflow by upgrading the input (air filter) and/or output (exhaust), the original problem is accentuated.  Rejetting, adjusting the idle mixture, and doing the white spacer mod improve the fuel flow.

If I misspoke here, someone please correct me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 09/22/05 at 10:28:22

I had already put a 155 main in my carb and the first 6 " of my Jardine turned brown on the test ride! They used really thin inexpensive chrome on them, as well as the thin chrome on the header pipe to begin with.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #24 - 09/22/05 at 10:36:47

Hmm, my Mac didn't blue at all until I experimented with header wrap on the header.  The additional heat reaching the muffler blued it.  I took that stuff off and painted the header and muffler black.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 09/22/05 at 10:40:19

yeah  I've heard mixed things about that wrap  never heard anything good enough to convince me to try it

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:50:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new jardine exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.