Send Topic Print
Where u From? (Read 2 times)
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Re: Where u From?
Reply #30 - 05/03/05 at 23:55:10

Doesn't anyone listen to R&B, soul etc.??? From the looks of it most of you are country folk. Are there any people of color on this board?

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #31 - 05/04/05 at 00:08:10

My wife is from Memphis. She likes the older R&B and soul. And the newer works that have the older sound. It isn't so much a matter of what skin color we are, versus where we grew up.

I myself like real country (not that modern pop-country crap), classic rock, southern rock, early metal (Black sabbath, Alice Cooper), the Seattle sound (Nirvana, STP, etc), hair bands (Motley Crue, Poison, White Snake, etc), Metallica, Iron Maiden, and "death metal" like Rob Zombie, Merciful Fate, King Diamond.

I can tolerate Ludicris, JaRule, and a couple other modern "R&B" singers.

You want my version of "class"? Steve Earl's Copperhead Road. Neil Young's Desert Highway, Dire straits Heavy Fuel, Steppenwolf Born to be Wild, Rolling Stones Paint it Black, and of course, Jimi Hendrix All along the Watchtower (which is always on endless loop when i have shop phones).

To each their own.
-WD  

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #32 - 05/04/05 at 06:04:11

Frost wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Doesn't anyone listen to R&B, soul etc.??? From the looks of it most of you are country folk. Are there any people of color on this board?

Umm, do blue eyes count?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #33 - 05/04/05 at 09:29:23

i live in texas, and listen to blues, r&b, and rock.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #34 - 05/04/05 at 09:56:14

Yup, SRV could sure sing and play, better live than his recordings, saw him live several times, don't forget Jimi, Fogerty, Lowel George, geez...more.
RoR, I was born in San Antonio and rode back to MO in the back seat of Pop's old '50 Plym ragtop at ripe old age of 3 months, so I am a Texican and really never lived there, but have spent many moons up in Ontario  ??? Grin

[quote author=RadarORiley link=board=RubberSideDown;num=1114881379;start=0#23 date=05/02/05 at 07:33:53]Not really trying to show my stupidity, but the only name I recognized is Stevie Ray Vaughan,... I think I'm a Texan. Raised in River Oaks, TX & have lived in Weatherford for 37 years now. [quote]

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 20:39:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where u From?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.