Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
opinions on white spacer and richening carb (Read 34 times)
russ_g
Ex Member

Re: opinions on white spacer and richening carb
Reply #30 - 05/03/05 at 14:30:37

There is nothing to set on the tach i got.  Guy said it was for 2 cylinder engines.  He wasn't sure if it would work on a
Savage or not, but after reading the above posts I didn't think i would need any extra "parts".  Oh well I'll hook it up and see what happens.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #31 - 05/03/05 at 14:53:11

Singles are unique as their exhaust pulse is alone in the pipe. The reversion in the pipe will scramble the intake sometimes. Multi-cylinder engines benefit from the scavenge effect of it's neighboring cylinders ( works up and down the tach)something singles lack and resonance in the pipe, in conjunction to CARB/EPA lean carb (this may soon be the end of the Savage Angry)make for backfire. If KLX is listening, perhaps expand on this, as that is more his bag.

The EPA may say it is right, but if it is re-tuned the backfire can be reduced or even eliminated and you should see better response.
If your trap speed/ lap time is good and it backfires some, so what?  ??? I have heard winners backfire.
On the stock ’01, by fattening the idle screw and adjusting the idle w/ (almost) stock exhaust, big boomers practically disappeared, and an occasional small pop on the gear change.
Still fiddling w/ this new CV carb. Tongue

russ_g wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I agreed with a post from the board a while back, that an engine is an engine is an engine and if it's tuned right for it's environment then there should be no backfiring........

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
An engine that backfires, through the carb or the exhaust, is malfunctioning....
Why should a single backfiring be considered normal and not a 2, 3, or 4 cylinder engine?  An engine is an engine is an engine...they all work the same way, are tuned the same way.

There is no reason for a Savage to backfire if you take the time to jet the carburetor properly...especially the pilot circuit.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #32 - 05/05/05 at 08:15:25

As far as correcting EPA lean mix goes I know no more than anyone else, tickover mix screw 2-3 turns out, 1/2 the thickness of the white spacer and fit a 150,152.5 or 155 main jet depending on filter/pipe/muffler.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 06:59:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › opinions on white spacer and richening carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.