Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: I'm a happy camper!!!
Reply #15 - 04/29/05 at 13:04:08

Great.  I'm a little jealous too 'cause I have always wanted to do motorcycle repairs, but my mechanical/electrical career just went another direction...and I'm afraid that it wouldn't be stable enough for a career change.  Even though I know I could do it easily.  Maybe someday...Hmmmm

Congrats on getting to do what you really want to do!!!!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 04/29/05 at 13:41:51

I feel sorta the same.  I am mechanically inclined but trained in electronics and telecommunications.  All of my mechanical experience is shadetree and is somewhat limited.  Though I enjoy wrenching very much, I doubt it would be a wise career move at this point for me.  Maybe someday though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 04/29/05 at 20:44:06

I'm starting the job May 4th. Went up yesterday,talked with the manager, assistant manager, one of the owners, and a couple of the general employees. I'm going to fit right in. I'll have to try really hard not to take over.

I'll still be the "night watchman" here. No problem.

Rode around the parking lot yesterday. Front brake works great. Rear drum was full of rusty water, which is now all over the bike. But, the brake still works...well, if I remember to let off the gas when I hit the brakes... Roll Eyes I'm rustier than I expected to be. Oh well, nothing wrong with getting back into riding at a slower than expected pace.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/13/24 at 08:14:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm a happy camper!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.