Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back to seats (Read 9 times)
russ_g
Ex Member

Back to seats
04/27/05 at 08:25:17

After sitting on a couple and reading a few online posts, seems the stock seat on the S40 is definetly more comfortable than the stock on my 96 Savage, and may even be better than the Suzuki Gel seats.  It's also $100 cheaper to order one.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried to bolt an S40 seat onto their Savage??  From looking in the show room the front wedge and side bolts are the same.  It's just the bolt at the back that's different.  Any opinions?

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Back to seats
Reply #1 - 04/27/05 at 14:49:43

That's right. Only the bolt at the back is different. Be carefull when drilling, you might hit the electricals.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/05 at 18:15:18

evening all. i just put on the suzuki s40 gel seat on my 04 thumper a perfect fit  its a bigger seat a full one piece it really does justice to my bike  mush better ride but  the bracket at the back does nothing i started to drill and fasten it to the fender but darn i hate to put holes in my bike with just me riding there is no weight on the back part of the seat  if you double might want to secure it  however what i did i put a rubber bushing and fastened it to the bracket usuing a hex head  chrome bolt and resesed the nut up in the bushing so not to scratch the bike  to look at it appears to be part of the bike  happy trails

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 04/27/05 at 18:39:58

And no pictures!  Shame on you.

WWW   IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #4 - 04/28/05 at 13:21:54

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
And no pictures!  Shame on you.

Ditto... pics please....
Roll Eyes

RW

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #5 - 04/29/05 at 10:02:00

Did you find that on eBay?

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 04/29/05 at 18:44:10

There are HUNDREDS of seats on Ebay, take a look, there may be something you would like...something to adapt.

IP Logged
russ

Reply #7 - 04/29/05 at 21:45:25

living in canada - i've found that there is very little to buy on ebay that is economical.  once the shipping and exchange is paid, factored in with thepossibility of getting misrepresented goods.....it's just not worth it.

if i wanted to pay a premium for some hard to find item then maybe.  what do the rest of you guys who aren't inthe US think of ebay?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 04/29/05 at 23:25:28

I'm in the US. My wife has an e-bay art store. I personally LOATHE e-bay. Know far too many people who've been bent over and done by e-bay. Whatever it is, whatever the price, no matter how badly I want/need something, if it's on e-bay, I don't want it.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #9 - 04/29/05 at 23:47:55

Yup, I have spent many moons up there.
I used ebay.CA for a couple items in country, and it was OK.
Remember check the ebay feedback, the ID & transaction history. If it smells like a rat walk away.
I have been burned, but I have snagged some great deals and am way ahead.

The prob up there is customs and duty,... what a racket.

2 years ago I ordered a camera from J&R's direct ('cause it was only 4-5 hours away) while all the leaves (leafs) were still green in S.Ontario.
See in the fall, I thought I could go up on the escarpment and stuff and take pics of the changing colors. HAH!  (see down south here, fall lasts for a long time. Some trees change and drop their leaves while others stay green and then start to change) so this time I was gonna go & get pics of ALL the colors and all my Canuck homeys.
Needless to say, I got the camera a month later after it hung in CDN customs, the snow had started and all the darn leaves were on the ground, AND I had to pay CDN duty, GST. PST on a wasted $400 camera  shipped to me from the US to take back to the U.S!  Angry
russ wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
there is very little to buy on ebay that is economical.  once the shipping and exchange is paid, factored in with thepossibility of getting misrepresented goods.....it's just not worth it.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/30/05 at 02:45:28

yea found it on e bay bought it from a person

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #11 - 04/30/05 at 09:15:07

I am from Canada and I love ebay. I've bought and sold about 150 items from around the world. You have to bid accordingly and factor shipping costs to get deals. Ebay has become an excellent source for restorers and collectors. You are correct about expensive shipping cost, because I have lost a lot of auctions because of this. The worst offender is UPS. They charge an unwarranted $25 brokerage fee for all deliveries to Canada. It is a well known fact to Canadian motorcyclists to be wary of UPS because of this. I always insist on USPS for deliveries.
A few months ago I rounded up a S2 wheel: fiberglass saddlebags for an early 70's Honda, king/queen seat, trunk bracket for a Silverwing and tried to sell them at a swap meet. I couldn't give them away. A few days later ebay had a 10 cent insertion sale, so I listed them there. I received lots of bids and collected $100. On the buying side I have found wonderful deals on what I term unobtainium. I have a 1968 Montgomery Ward Riverside Mojave, you know, a cataloge bike. The previous owner shaved the head excessively causing hyper compression and blown head gaskets. Where would I get a replacement  head for a motorcycle that was never sold in Canada. We had a Sears and Eatons, but never a Montgomery Wards in Canada. Anyways, through ebay I got a nice replacement for $15. I have also got a NOS tank for $30 and NOS fender with correct paint for $12. Cosmopolitan Motors who were the importers for MW and all other bikes Italian, are unloading their vintage warehouse through ebay and let me tell you, ebay has been a Godsend.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Durandal
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/05/05 at 18:31:30

I stopped in at a dealer on the way home from work today.  You are right, the S40 seat is much more comfortable than my '01.  It should bolt right on too, except for the one at the rear of the pillion.  Since I don't plan on carrying a passenger, that's no big deal.  I think I'll probably order one this summer.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #13 - 05/07/05 at 18:16:46

Last year I swapped my ' 01's original seat to the 2 piece LS 650 Suzuki gel seat set. Now I wonder how it compares to the newer seat, both original and replacement?  

HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:08:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Back to seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.