Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Windscreen Really Makes A Difference (Read 10 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
The Windscreen Really Makes A Difference
04/15/05 at 10:55:25

I hadn't ridden much at all in nearly 15 years when I bought my Savage and the previous owner had installed a National Cycle windscreen.  I've kept it on and really hadn't realized just how much wind it had blocked.  I'd purchased a National Cycle Flyscreen on eBay several months back but decided to wait until spring to swap it out.  I did that last night.  The 24 mile ride to work this morning (much of it at 65+ MPH in the HOV lane) really let me know the difference.  I will definitely keep the full windscreen and swap back out around October.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: The Windscreen Really Makes A Difference
Reply #1 - 04/15/05 at 14:15:24

8)Please eloborate Rob on the diff between the Flyscreen and a Windshield ... I put a Nat. Cycle Flyscreen on my Savage over Christmas, but haven't had a chance to try 'er out yet due to the weather ...
T'anks Smiley

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 04/15/05 at 14:21:53

The full-size windscreen keeps a lot more of the wind off of me.  The flyscreen doesn't even come close.  For that matter, I'm not sure it does very much at all but I haven't tried the bike with no screen at all to be able to tell the difference.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 04/15/05 at 14:26:21

I'm not even sure why they call it a "flyscreen", it's nothing more than an upside down visor for the handlebars anyway.  Certainly doesn't keep flies off of you  Cheesy

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/15/05 at 18:56:03

I removed the screen today to polish and remove any built up rust under the brackets, and it's a totally different experience riding it.  I'm spoiled with my full size shield.  Mine's mounted on the forks, so it's pretty darn sturdy.

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #5 - 04/21/05 at 17:59:55

yea mine has a full screen too it is great!! 8)

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 04/22/05 at 02:28:19

SmileyAn update ... had a chance to ride this past weekend with the Nat. Cycle Flyscreen I installed over the winter ... and have to say that it makes a some difference over riding without ... namely, in that there is a noticible reduction in pressure on the chest and arms at speeds over 60kph (40mph) ... which allows for a more relaxed grip on the bars.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 10:46:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Windscreen Really Makes A Difference

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.