I think I might Triumph (Read 2 times)
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
I think I might Triumph
04/20/05 at 11:33:27

Looking at a 2005 Bonneville. Anybody with Triumph experience???

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
hellstorm
Ex Member

Re: I think I might Triumph
Reply #1 - 04/20/05 at 12:20:33

When I looked at them last fall, they had a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, parts and labor. Our local Triumph dealer extended the warranty for another year for labor only, you just buy the parts. Don't think you'll find a HD or Metric dealer ever doing either one. If I was going to buy a new bike, it would definitely be a Triumph, it fit me like a glove. All you ever see around here is HD's and rice rockets, thats why I went with the Savage. It has that classic old Triumph look and for the price I paid for it I could afford to customize to suit me. I'll have pictures coming up eventually. By all means Triumph!!!!

Brian

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 04/20/05 at 20:14:46

The new ones are very nice. The old ones, while nice to look at, don't ride well by modern standards. I wouldn't mind having a new Bonneville America or a Thruxton. Kinda like the Savage, old school look, nw school tech.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 04/20/05 at 20:24:57

last year while saving up my milk money for a new ride, i did consider a triumph. had the cash to do the deal, but i really wanted a single. that and i was planning to strip it anyway so i went with the savage.

it would have been so wrong to do it to a bonny.   maybe for my next ride

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 04/20/05 at 20:33:19

Bonnevilles serve but one purpose...and it does not involve staying stock...I'll scan the late model Bonneville chopper pic in later, I can't make photo stuff work no matter how much I try.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/21/05 at 02:51:19

That is definately my next bike. I sat on an orange & white T100 at a bike show last year & the ergos felt perfect. I'm holding off to see if the 2007 model will get electronic fuel injection (Euro7 emission standards coming up) Either way, I'll keep my S40. 8)

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
Reply #6 - 04/21/05 at 05:34:47

Buy the Triumph and don't look back..... it is, without a doubt, the coolest and most beautiful bike lineage that ever was, with the possible exception of the Vincent..... I traded my 72 Daytona for an 88 Savage only because it had been sitting for a few years and needed some major work and  i wanted something more dependable...... the new Bonnies are way more dependable than they ever were....... I've been enjoying riding in the sunshine and I really like the Savage, but you will fall deeply in love with a Triumph, it will get in your blood...... and the 2300 cc Rocket Triple is one of the most beautiful combinations of style and performance ever built...... Triumph started out weakly with the rice rocket looking bikes, but the new retros are utterly breathtaking....... i know this may seem like heresy on this board, but my goal is to ride the thumper for a year or so until i can save enough to get back on a Trumpet....... Marlon Brando in the Wild Ones and the freakin' Fonz both rode Triumphs...... when you buy the new Bonneville you will have to drip a little oil on your garage floor underneath the bike for the complete retro experience  8)

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 04/21/05 at 07:56:50

Have you seen the new Norton?  The Triumph is a good looking bike for sure, but I favor the new Norton a bit.  It is more expensive than the Triumph but it better built too.  The suspension and brakes are outstanding and the weight is considerably less than the trumpet.
Take a look at www.nortonmotorcycles.com.
.....415 lbs
...Brembo brakes
...Ohlims fork and shocks
...chromemolly frame
...forged alloy wheels
...80 HP with 70 ft/lbs of torque

Talk about a lightweight rocket that will do anything you want..........if you are in to PERFORMANCE THAT IS.

IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #8 - 04/21/05 at 08:55:47

Considering the fact that people who own Savages have to be the best in the cycle world, and you all know its true, I think I will get that 2005 all black Thruxton 900. Its sort of a Cafe' style and thats what really calls me, plus I don't do harley, I'm always different. Thanks for all of the replies.

--Mark

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/21/05 at 15:17:16

yea looking real hard at the speedmaster or t-100 after the first of the year. will keep the savage though and take along the lines of sluggo's and bob the he!! out of it

IP Logged
Brandi Garza

Reply #10 - 04/22/05 at 08:36:44

[/color][color=Pink] Shocked
My GrandFather has had his Triumph since the 60's!!! Still runs and rides great!! Still ALL original from when he bought it new.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 16:40:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I think I might Triumph

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.