Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What do you do? (Read 3 times)
dssaak
Ex Member

What do you do?
04/13/05 at 08:43:48

What do you do when you like your wife's bike better than your own????

I put my wife's '03 on the road yesterday.  I found the '03 has less vibration on the top end and the seat is more comfortable than the '02.  

Any ideas on why the difference in vibration?  Both have less than 2k miles.  

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: What do you do?
Reply #1 - 04/13/05 at 10:00:33

All other things being equal - fine balance on the tires helped mine a L of a lot - the rear wasn't bad but the front didn't have a any weight on it - guess it had came off before I bought it - wonderful what a proper placed half oz will do

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #2 - 04/13/05 at 10:13:46

By 2k I found acorn nuts had loosened on peg mount stuff.
Check for loose stuff.
Maybe start w/  hers, look for any difference.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 04/13/05 at 11:40:19

i concur with the bolt tightening advice.  as i drain my oil i go through and retighten all the fasteners that i know come loose. like left upper shock mount. header bolts. you will learn which are the ones on your machine.

consider this, no two machines are alike, even if one is made right after the other on the assembly line.  i've seen identically built and set up race cars and have been suprised at how different they drive.  

so what would i do.  let her have the smother machine, and try to work out the bugs in the one you have.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 04/13/05 at 23:14:11

You might start by tightening your motor mounts. I've had the front one come loose a couple times.

Check your tires for balance, wobble, or worn spots. I got 2 years out of the stock IRC rear tire (undeniably the worst MC tire on the market today). I still have the stock 1998 vintage front tire, and unless it gets swapped out ASAFP, the bike is staying parked. Unsafe at more than about 3 mph due to cupping and dry-rot.

The seat foam changed in late 01 or early 02. Your 02 was most likely made in 01, so it likely has the older style foam.

Which to ride? Yours of course. I know if I swiped my wife's bike, our Black Lab would have a roommate... Smiley
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 04/13/05 at 23:36:44

Your other option is to come test ride mine... you'll decide that yours rides like a Goldwing...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #6 - 04/14/05 at 08:31:38

First thing- let wify chose wich one She likes more and don't let her forget what a sacrefice You are making for her Wink.
If You have time and desire pull both seats off and swap them and see which bike will be more comfortable and You will know is the reason in the seats or in something else. May be it will be a good idea /and a cheap one/ if You raise 1"  the nose of the seat.
 About the vibration- before me was said enough. Just know that the state of tune makes a difference for the ride. Also check the tire pressure-sometimes we overlook very simple things.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 03:29:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What do you do?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.