Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie Question about Grips (Read 7 times)
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Newbie Question about Grips
04/12/05 at 16:12:42

Can I use these on my Savage?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4541696381...

If so, can somebody help me understand how to put them on?  Mechanically challenged doesn't even BEGIN to describe me.

IP Logged
pupinthumper

Re: Newbie Question about Grips
Reply #1 - 04/12/05 at 17:49:40

no you cant use these gris on your bike due to the size.  Savage bars are one inch and those are 7/8, they are too small and wont fit.  trust me youll be happier if you spend a little money and run down to the harley shop and buy grips from there.  harleys use a one inch bar so they will have nice chrome grips anywhere from 30-200 dollars.  other than that cut off your old grips but save the throttle tube.  it costs 40 bucks if you mess it up so dont.  just put it back together the way you took it off and itll be happy ridin.  have fun.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 04/12/05 at 18:24:14

pupinthumper wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
 trust me youll be happier if you spend a little money and run down to the harley shop and buy grips from there.  .

make sure you tell them you are putting them on a savage, then watch them have a hisssy fit.  i went to buy some end caps and had to argue with the guy to take my money.  he claimed they would only fit a harley. all i had to do was remove insert then jb weld them on.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/13/05 at 04:54:32

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
make sure you tell them you are putting them on a savage, then watch them have a hisssy fit.  

Ha!  That sounds like lots of fun!  There is a Harley dealership right down the road.  I'll have to do that.

I "browsed" in there before I bought my Savage.  Naturally, a salesman gave me his card and got my name.  About 2 days after I bought the Savage, the salesman "followed up" with me.  My 12year old answered the phone.  The salesman actually gave my 12 year old the "Suzuki bad/Harley good" speech.  My son just laughed at him.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #4 - 04/13/05 at 06:03:59

What o.d. are Savage grips. I was happy to find some for my 7/8" bars that were 1.5" o.d. are Savage grips bigger ?

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
pumpinthumper

Reply #5 - 04/13/05 at 17:52:20

the grip o.d. can change depend on the grips.  my stock grips were really thin and my new custom chrome grips are almost 2 inches.  so really there is no saying what od the grips have.  its all on preference.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #6 - 04/14/05 at 02:54:13

Thanks pumpinthumper.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
pumpinthumper

Reply #7 - 04/14/05 at 17:56:04

anytime.  i have learned so much from this web site.  i still have work left to do on my bike but the things i have learned the hard way i try to help on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 10:44:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie Question about Grips

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.