Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
detailed info on seats (Read 8 times)
Russ

detailed info on seats
04/07/05 at 12:31:43

Does anyone have any experience with the Suzuki after market Gel seats.  From www.suzuki.ca

http://www.suzuki.ca/en/bike/jump.cfm?page=accessories.cfm&modelcode=ls65&sub...

they show two and even indicate that  they are for 1995 to 2005.  One is the "Classic" and one is the "Pillow".  Does anyone have any first hand experience with these?  I know alot of you will have a lot of suggestions for alternative seat modifications, but i'm looking for some experience with either of these seats.  
Seats on the Savage seem to be a hot topic.  You'd think some manufacturer would latch on to the "need".  Maybe we should see if we can get a bulk order together and go to a manufacturer.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: detailed info on seats
Reply #1 - 04/07/05 at 18:07:17

Just saw a link to this place from Bert's forum.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm

It might be worth looking into.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #2 - 04/09/05 at 10:16:50

I have the older Suzuki replacement gel seat.
It is an improvement, but I still get saddle sore if I ride all day.
It was not what I had hoped for, worth another hour or two before numbutt starts setting in.  Undecided
That one looks better than the older model.
I hope it is better.

I would like to have the old original seat redone w/ foam & gel then covered w/ leather or even gator Grin
(switch on Tony Joe)...chomp, chomp.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 04/09/05 at 22:07:37

Take a look at  www.geltecproducts.com, they have a motorcycle seat shaped gel pad that is made from medical quality gel material.  It is much better than the traditional "jelly like" gel in a pouch.  It is 1.75" or 2.25" thick.  If you want to make a one-piece seat like the new Savage, then you can choose from assorted sizes and cut you own.  Price is pretty good for whqt you get.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 04/10/05 at 07:26:05

That pad is really nice.  It's saddle shaped but works on the stock seat just fine.  I use sheepskin for normal everyday stuff and drop that gel pad on for longer rides.  They also sell the gell material itself if you wanted to simply pull the cover off the stock seat, add gel and recover.  I say "simply"... I haven't done it myself but it looks relatively simple from the stages others have shown on this site in the past.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 04/10/05 at 23:48:27

IT IS VERY SIMPLE.  FOR TRIMMING DOWN THE FOAM ON THE BOTTOM AN ELECTRIC CARVING KNIFE IS THE TOOL TO USE.  GO SLOW AND TAKE YOUR TIME AND THE FOAM JUST PEELS OFF BEHIND THE KNIFE.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 16:20:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › detailed info on seats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.