Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: suzuki management
Reply #15 - 04/06/05 at 20:49:22

It isn't just the Blast that is a clunker. I had a 92 Evo eat 4 engines and 6 trannys in 6 months, all dealership warranty work. A friend traded a 1970 Shovelhead in on a new twin Camm back in 99, along with cash. Two weeks later, it cost him the Twin Cam, and the SAME amount of cash to get his Shovelhead back, the stealership owner did not want to let a "real (his words)" Harley go.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.
Harley Davidson Motorcycle Company 1903-1964 RIP
Hardly Davidson 1965-1969 RIP
Hardly-worth-a-s**t 1970-current... p**s off.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 04/07/05 at 06:18:12

Just before I bought my '98 Savage, I was considering a Blast as a possible alternative.  I ran into a lot of posts like that by some really PO'd owners.  If the stories of the failures in the bike itself weren't enough, the large number of stories of lousy treatment by HD and the attempts to sweep all of the problems under the rug really turned me off to the prospect.  I am happier than ever with my Savage.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #17 - 04/07/05 at 07:31:21

By far everything about the LS is way better than the Blast. I am very happy I started doing research , because otherwise I'd be stuck maintaining and fixing one. On top of this , it is very hard to find parts for that POS in a junk yard, where all of them belong. The interesting fact is that there are some hapy owners. What i think is - the idea is good, but because this is very small production line, there are a lot of manual operations. The quality depends a lot on the individual worker. Yes, but like always somebody wants to build something with nothing and pocket the bigger profit. You probably have  $8-10 / hr  guis from the street building bikes. I have seen this done with a very expensive HD clones and I have seen the result.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
LondonThing
2005 No Login

London UK
Reply #18 - 04/08/05 at 09:08:28

Its a bug I have bad! My savage has never even run and iv alreaddy modded almost everything there is to mod (kind of)... Smiley

http://www.londonthing.net/savage.htm

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 03:33:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › suzuki management

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.