Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
did muffler mob. on my 2003 ....  did somethi (Read 5 times)
allgirl
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Spokane, Wa
did muffler mob. on my 2003 ....  did somethi
04/07/05 at 09:01:57

Hey you guys ,
did the muffler mod. last night .
did something diffent and wanted to know what you think ?
well we started to put on the bracket that we made, and just didn't like it ... so we are trying some thing ... we welded  a nut on the pipe and then bolted it on ... look like it will work ! just need to hide where the pipe went on the bike and I'll be happy!
next will be the carb, { rejetting , and filing the white spacer down that}....was looking at it last night ... look like I need to take off the batties box to get the carb out ?
any Ideal ??

WWW carrc77@aol.com   IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: did muffler mob. on my 2003 ....  did somethi
Reply #1 - 04/07/05 at 10:00:29

You don't have to take the carb out , to do the carb. mod. Take off the gas tank. Pull off the black rellay boh that is just above the carburetor and leave it hanging on the wires. Loosen the rubber connectors in the front and in the back of the carburetor. Unscrew the 4 screws on the top of the carb. and pull the cover off. Now You can pull the slider with the diaphragm. Do the spacer.
Unhook the trottle cable from the carb. Take off the battery box cover /don't touch the battery and the battery box/. Twist the carburetor sideways as much as needed. Now You have an access to the float bowl. Unscrew the 4 screws on the bottom, pull the fl. bowl and change the main jet. Put everything back together.
ENJOY and BE PROUD OF YOURSELF !

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: did muffler mob. on my 2003 ....  did som
Reply #2 - 04/08/05 at 07:11:00

Yep, as Slavy says....you don't want to remove the battery box if you can help it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 18:25:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › did muffler mob. on my 2003 ....  did somethi

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.