Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wind chill factor on a bike (Read 7 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Wind chill factor on a bike
Reply #15 - 03/25/05 at 00:08:39

Color you green? As in, with envy? Riding in So.Cal. isn't that bad is it? Sanat Barbara to San Diego is an awfully nice ride on the coast highway. When I first got to the south, I thought I'd moved to a compost pit. Takes awhile to get used to the sub-tropical smells. But the riding, oh the riding. I used to live a block and a half off the beach, on the Gulf of Mexico. Fall, winter and spring the riding is great. Too hot in the summer though. 100 degrees and 100% humidity will take it right out of you. Still miss it when the winter kicks in. Snow- NO!!!!!! Even though it only takes 15-20 minutes to turn the bike into a snowmobile...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #16 - 03/25/05 at 06:18:04

Got a digital camera and am planning to take it. The biggest problem will be convincing my wife that I'm not going to end up as road kill on the trip. She is totally against the entire idea. The snow melted thanks to heavy rains that are forcasted till mid next week. Will be putting some miles on the bike when the weather breaks. The bike is ready but I'm not, got lazy over the winter and need to get back into shape. Sad

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #17 - 03/25/05 at 14:44:58

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Color you green? As in, with envy? Riding in So.Cal. isn't that bad is it?....
It is not as enjoyable as elsewhere -- too many people, too much traffic.  Staying untouched and alive is a full time job which means no time to rubberneck and enjoy the scenery.  

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #18 - 03/25/05 at 16:59:36

It's gonna hit 70 here Weds, and I gotta be in a training session.  I gotta be there, I'm the host. Angry

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #19 - 03/28/05 at 06:45:01

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Will be down below Daytona...

Hi Ed, will you be around Port Orange? I think a far-away relative lives there....  Wink  oh.. I still owe you a couple of wine bottles,  Shocked I have not forgotten, just been too busy to shop and pack...  Angry
Once you get down there, I'll try to send them to you...
Take care when riding South, and keep us posted on this saga, as as Greg did with his...

KTRSD,

RW

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #20 - 03/28/05 at 11:45:21

Red, I'll be just south of Port Orange, hoping to get something around New Syrmna Beach. Planning to head down there in about two weeks with a camper. From then on it is all up in the air, with my luck I'll be moving in the heat of the summer.Grin. Still trying to talk my wife into letting me ride the bike down, almost had to duck a coffee cup last time I mentioned it.  Undecided . Keep telling her that after five or so trips up and down 95 from Philadelphia to Florida it will seem like just a quick ride around the block. Still have a couple of months to convince her. If I can't convince her I'll just forget to load the bike on the last trip then make some lame excuse so I'll have to come back up to get it.  bus fare is cheap and I'll have the bike packed and ready to go. Looking forward to Biketoberfest in the fall and hope to meet some riders there. Ride Safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:57:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wind chill factor on a bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.