Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Begin Brag now: cphilip takes the trophy! (Read 5 times)
cphilip
Ex Member

Re: Begin Brag now: cphilip takes the trophy!
Reply #15 - 03/22/05 at 14:34:02

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Sweet T5! Now that its fine tuned, will it suck the headlights out of a P200?

It will when I get done with it. It goes head to head with them now!

Paladin, no problem at all getting into something thats a good runner and looks good too for that price. Now.... remember, these shift. Three and four speed. They are not twist and go. The Vino was a good choice. but what do you know... your just a Dad! Grin

But contact me and I start throwing some ideas at you and we go from there. I can find you something and do it up for you or we put you onto someone safe and honest in your area. No problem. If a shift scooter is her thing. If not we put you onto a good twist and go for that money. Easy to do. thats a very fair budget and we can meet or beat that.

Oh and be very carefull on ebay or anyone you deal with. Due to the popularity of them now there are tons of worn out junk coming over from Southeast asia now. Junk and some dangerous. We find you a solid low mileage USA barn scooter or something. I know of a few and I know places you can trust. Within your budget too.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #16 - 03/22/05 at 16:09:51

It'll be a while -- she started driving school last Thursday, has yet to apply for her learners' permit, and I'll require the Basic Rider Course before she'll even allowed to think 2 wheels.  But it is good to know that the Vespa is an option if she still wants one later.

WWW   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/22/05 at 16:19:30

Check your Message box Paladin. Important contact for you.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #18 - 03/23/05 at 05:31:53

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I have never been that attracted to them. They certainly have thier following and unfortunately a fairly well to do following at that. Sort of nostalgic followers that had them as a kid. And want one again. They get rather pricey to obtain these days for what they are. But they always lacked style and performance. After all it was a small engine company just sticking their engine into a box of a scooter to increase motor sales. Never much styling or performance thought to them. And the followers seem willing to pay overly much for one. Did you know Cushman imported Vespa's for a few years and placed their name on them? Yep... there are Cushman Vespa's. Not for a very long period mind you. And of course they made Cushmans under the Allstate name as well. But that whole crowd is a different group of collectors. And I am not that enamored with that style of bike. I have studied them a bit. But would have to stumble on a real deal before I would consider it. I can find some fairly complete and running (or almost) Vespa's out there for $500. Not easily but I do now have a network of people that will tell me about them. And since I am going to have to sink another 6 or 7 hundred into them I can afford to do that. Not so Cushman scooters rarely do you find for under 1500. And Vespa parts are still readily made as they are still making them in eastern countries just alike. Cushman parts are not.  If they are remade they are small custom shops and or NOS parts someone has horded. And the very late ones are not even Scooter style. They are small motorcycles. Mini bikes more or less. And another thing that turns me off about them is the lack of ability to make them perform past stock. Most of them are one speed and a few of them are simple two speed. And their speed is very limited. And so is their suspension. There is not much you can do to them to improve that. What you end up with is a odd looking mini bike most times with a simple go cart type performance.

Oh well....yeah, as a kid, I always wanted one....

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 03/27/05 at 06:44:05

How about this scooter?  I think these are kinda neat Cheesy

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #20 - 03/27/05 at 20:12:15

The Ruckus is cool.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #21 - 03/28/05 at 05:26:39

Looks like something out of Mad Max  Shocked

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 03/28/05 at 05:53:59

The first time I saw one I thought "Xterra scooter".  You know, those SUVs that look like a waterproof walkman with wheels...

I like the way the Ruckus looks utilitarian but I would prefer another color - maybe flat black or olive drab.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/28/05 at 09:29:26

That the "Big" Ruckus they call it. New model. Only comes in Yellow. 250cc 4 stroke water cooled and is also very pricey... 6k by the time you get out the door. Still want one?  Shocked

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #24 - 03/28/05 at 11:55:08

That the "Big" Ruckus they call it. New model. Only comes in Yellow. 250cc 4 stroke water cooled and is also very pricey... 6k by the time you get out the door. Still want one?  Shocked

Wow!! that's expensive... Shocked
No way I'm paying that much for such a little scoot...  ShockedI can get a full size savage for $2500 here in Chile... Grin
and I can buy my 7-year old boy a Chinese mini bike for as much as $1500, so I'd still save around 2 grands, no bad, eh?  Wink

KTRSD,

RW

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #25 - 03/28/05 at 11:56:40

Congrats cphilip! Good for you!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #26 - 03/30/05 at 05:43:13

Expensive, yes.  But the darned thing looks like it is built to take a beating too.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 04/01/05 at 12:53:22

I bring this back up because I thought one of you guys up in the NJ area or round abouts might be interested in this. The guy just posted a Yamaha Riva 200cc with some dam low mileage for sale for $1200. These are about the uglyest things but they are like little tanks and automatic and fast.

http://scooterbbs.com/board/DCForumID4/5924.html

His sale post is at that link. I don't know him or anything. But looks like a nice deal.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #28 - 04/02/05 at 09:03:49

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I bring this back up because I thought one of you guys up in the NJ area or round abouts might be interested in this. The guy just posted a Yamaha Riva 200cc with some dam low mileage for sale for $1200. These are about the uglyest things but they are like little tanks and automatic and fast.

http://scooterbbs.com/board/DCForumID4/5924.html

His sale post is at that link. I don't know him or anything. But looks like a nice deal.

Will it really do 70 mph?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #29 - 04/02/05 at 13:41:38

A 200cc bike doing 70mph -- probably.  I did an indicated 65mph keeping up with freeway traffic on a 100cc Twinjet.  My DT175 with the tall sprocket would do an indicated 65mph.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 16:19:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Begin Brag now: cphilip takes the trophy!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.