Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike bashing gets old! (Read 7 times)
Patty
Ex Member

Bike bashing gets old!
04/02/05 at 04:34:58

I've been reading a lot of bike bashing in this forum lately. Most are dissing on HD and the clones. My hubby rides a Volusia and will readily admit it is a Harley clone.  He likes the look but doesn't want to pay the price for a HD and I'd hurt him if he did!!! HD riders diss on metrics...metrics diss on HD's...and WE diss on everything not a Savage!!! What ever happened to  riding what you like just for the joy of riding?

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Re: Bike bashing gets old!
Reply #1 - 04/02/05 at 04:44:51

totally agree patty
i've owned many different makes of bikes over the years and have gained pleasure from each one, all be it in different ways.
But its just a game dissing other makes of bikes and it will always be so.

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #2 - 04/02/05 at 04:56:37

Shear good natured harassment is all.  If somebody really gets mad, most of us will back off 'cause it ain't really a conviction from the heart.  It does get old, you're right.

I like just about anything that has an engine, no matter the brand or for that matter the number of wheels.

You might notice a thread on "best looking bike" on which most of us posted non-Savages as well as several HDs.  

Good natured harassment is all.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 04/02/05 at 06:42:41

It's nothing different than the old "Found On Road Dead" stuff that a Chevrolet person will state concerning a Ford....or a Ford drvier with the decal of the little guy pissing on a Chevy.  Same thing.

Maybe I missed a post, but I don't think the particular topic involved "clones", but there is just another illusive element involved when discussing HD and Metrics (clones included), as I mentioned.  And because of that particular ingredient, the topic went negative.  

It never fails.  However, if it isn't discussed this void will most certainly continue to exist.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 04/02/05 at 07:19:29

Most of the dissing is aimed at posers.
Some of the dissing is about a certain motorcycle that, due to it's light weight, is unstable at very high speeds.  Some of the dissing is about a certain motorcycle that, due to it's small size, is impractical for extended passenger carrying.

The Savage attracts those of a certain outlook toward vehicles.  Not very powerful, but due to it's dimunitive size and light weight the Savage is extremely quick.  Or as you stated it: "hubby bought me this 650. He's sorry now cause I can more than hold my own against his heavier Volusia...hehehe!"

TVRacer recently registered and posted his interest in the Savage.  I have offered him a chance to ride mine.  In the course of off-line communications I mentioned the Caterham and rather than the usual blank stare he sent me a LINK.  Like the Savage the Caterham is not very powerful, but due to it's dimunitive size and light weight the Savage Caterham is extremely quick.

Unlike the Savage the Caterham is quite expensive.

p.s. check the shift pattern in the video -- inline like a motorcycle.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 04/02/05 at 17:48:19

[glow=red,2,300] Bike bashing gets old! [/glow]

yes it does, but mocking posers, I will never tire of that.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/02/05 at 19:02:01

Well so far no ones called my Vespa Scooters "Gay".... but.... its probably only a matter of time!  Grin

Would I care? Not at all.... jealously... thats all it is. As you can see.... I got nothing against any bike of any kind....

Well... I do have this distain for kids on sports bikes with shorts, tank tops, flip flops and Ball caps turned backwards riding around like idiots.... but thats nothing against the bikes mind ya!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 04/02/05 at 19:57:30

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Well so far no ones called my Vespa Scooters "Gay".... but.... its probably only a matter of time!  Grin

Would I care? Not at all.... jealously... thats all it is. As you can see.... I got nothing against any bike of any kind....

Well... I do have this distain for kids on sports bikes with shorts, tank tops, flip flops and Ball caps turned backwards riding around like idiots.... but thats nothing against the bikes mind ya!

you forgot the 98lb color coordinated biker babe on back.  Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 04/02/05 at 20:22:37

"Biker babe"? Hardly. Eye candy? Maybe. At least the crotch rocket kids usually croak the bike without kiling the engine. MMMM, late model engined CB750 style hardtail choppers. And, with Darwinism at work, the kids who can't seem to get it right don't hang around to make life miserable for the rest of us.

The motorcycling gene pool needs chlorine. Ride it like you mean it, ride it like you need it, ride like you live for it, or find another hobby.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
quikbike

Reply #9 - 04/03/05 at 04:46:14

I agree Patty it sure does. Most of the people bashing will smarten up when they grow up. Well lets hope anyway.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 16:28:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike bashing gets old!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.