Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Who fixed my brakes....?
03/20/05 at 17:31:35

Alright, someone here had to have done it. My front brake never worked properly. I added a braided stainless hose, resealed the caliper piston, and added new copper crush washers.

Bled it, and bled it, and bled it. Pushed almost a quart of DOT 4 through the system. Still didn't work. Said I'd just keep riding without a functional front brake. No biggie, I usually remove them anyway.

Moved the bike last night to snap a couple quick pics for Paladin. Forgot and grabbed the front brake. The bike stopped. And fell over. On me. Who snuck over here and fixed the brake for me? Whoever it was, swing back by, the beer is on me.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Re: Who fixed my brakes....?
Reply #1 - 03/21/05 at 02:29:39

I have found that in the past that if you leave brakes over night the air floats to the top, and they often self bleed.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 03/21/05 at 02:40:12

It took 7 months for the thing to start working... I rode ot from Feb 98 to August 01 with the front brake barely/rarely working. The pads never bedded in. The rotor spec'd out a bit too hard. The pads just glazed up.

Added apehanger handlebars in 2002. Goodridge brand braided stainless steel hose. New banjo fittings and washers at both ends. Still no good. Every couple weeks I'd pump the lever and see if the caliper piston had freed up. Quit trying to get the brakes to work sometime in 2003. Sat up without retrying until two days ago. That means, well over a year. Now they work, without my having done anything to them since fall 2003.

I can't explain it.  ??? Figured Max or Sluggo snuck over and fixed it for me. I'm still classified as disabled, seems like something they'd do for a downed brother.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 03/21/05 at 06:37:03

Well you did say your bike was haunted, looks like you were right. Wink At least the gremlins are fixing your bike, not breaking it. Grin.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 23:15:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who fixed my brakes....?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.