Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What are the odds? (Read 4 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

What are the odds?
03/19/05 at 20:31:56

I applied for a position at a local company, and I was thoroughly impressed that they had motorcycle parking right up front.  I used to park under the awning at my old job, but I had to push the bike under it because the management didn't like to hear my bike running next to the building.  Anyway, I thought this was really cool.  I parked my Blue Savage next to a Gold Wing, went in, dropped off the application, came back out, and low and behold, there's an identical Savage parked next to mine.  Same year, same color.  I think they multiplied.  Couldn't find the owner, but I plan on stopping by when I see it again.  Small world.

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Re: What are the odds?
Reply #1 - 03/20/05 at 07:03:12

It is nice to be able to park right on the doorstep.  We have three motorcycle parking areas at my job, one near every personnel entrance.  With 2,000 people parking there on 1st shift, riding to work makes a ton of sense.

None of them are covered, though.  That'd be nice.

I think I have the only single cylinder bike there.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Re: What are the odds?
Reply #2 - 03/20/05 at 16:17:58

I was a legal secretary in the '70's and rode my bike to work. Had to park on the sidewalk. It drove the lawyers nuts that their secretary rode a bike. Had to change from my boots into dress shoes morning, noon & night, but they lived through it & so did I. We all laugh about it now when we get together. I didn't tell them when they hired me that I was a biker. I guess they though a 30 year old mother of 4 had more sense.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 09:13:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What are the odds?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.