Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie with a question and I tried searching! (Read 4 times)
Schmear
Ex Member

Newbie with a question and I tried searching!
03/20/05 at 02:26:16

I found a jardine muffler for my 95 savage. It is the slip on for like 145.00 or so.  What do I need to do in order to put it on my bike? Do I need special tools, new gaskets (if so where do I get them), is it a bolt-on part, ect.?  Thanks in advance for your help, I have searched and sorted through posts for a few hours now and I cannot find anything.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Newbie with a question and I tried searching!
Reply #1 - 03/20/05 at 07:12:51

Is it a new Jardine?  If so, good.  Used ones seem to have loose baffles.

You can start by removing the old one.  Once you have that one off, you'll know how to put on the new one Smiley

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #2 - 03/20/05 at 07:32:18

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
You can start by removing the old one.  Once you have that one off, you'll know how to put on the new one Smiley

Good advice.  Even if the Jard is not a perfect fit, Autozone and Pep Boys sell all kinds of exhaust adapters and clamps, cheap.  The stock Savage chrome exhaust cover will hide a multitude of sins.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 03/20/05 at 07:47:11

Just for grins yesterday I removed my muffler.  Near where the muffler meets the headpipe there is a 12mm nut and a 10mm nut on a couple of clamps.  I loosened both, but the heat shield wouldn't come off.  I then noticed a couple of 12mm nuts under the center of the muffler holding it to a bracket.  Removed.  But the muffler would not lift clear of the barcket until I loosened the two 10mm nuts holding the headpipe to the engine.  Then everything wiggled enough to remove the muffler.

Fired it up -- sure is LOUD without a muffler.

Put everything back.  Fired it up, still too loud, shut down and tightened the two nuts holding the headpipe to the engine.

Do the Jardine and MAC come with studs in the muffler to fit the same bracket that the stock muffler bolts to?

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 03/20/05 at 07:49:54

Think so....I do know that the SuperTrapp and Raask are Savage specific with stubs for the bracket....

IP Logged
Schmear
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/20/05 at 09:56:15

bobo383 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Good advice.  Even if the Jard is not a perfect fit, Autozone and Pep Boys sell all kinds of exhaust adapters and clamps, cheap.  The stock Savage chrome exhaust cover will hide a multitude of sins.

I am stationed here in Germany and we do not have PEP Boys and Autozone ect. Smiley  Is there an online store that sells savage exhaust accessories.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 03/20/05 at 17:59:30

The MAC did, yes.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 08:12:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie with a question and I tried searching!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.