Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Life After the Oil Crash - Scary Reading! (Read 14 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Life After the Oil Crash - Scary Reading!
03/15/05 at 13:19:22

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

This is some scary reading folks ... even if only half accurate!
What do you all think ... is this fear mongering, or is there anything too it?
What sort of sceneario do you see developing over the next 20 years?
BTW regular grade gasoline went up to $0.948Cdn per liter here (St. John's, Nfld.) today ... that equals $2.97USD per US Gallon or $4.31Cdn per Imperial Gallon ... yikes!!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Life After the Oil Crash - Scary Reading!
Reply #1 - 03/15/05 at 13:49:13

perry, how the heck ya been? you've been pretty quiet around here latley.

i read the article, and will say this with a grain of salt
"liars can figgure, and figgures can lie". Shocked

i followed all the graphs and conclusions and using their theory they have drawn a scary scenario.  

i found this to be the most intresting line of the whole page, it's a cut and paste.

[glow=red,2,300]Consider Supporting It While Further Educating Yourself About This Urgent Issue By Purchasing Something From Our Store:
[/glow]

there ya go my thoughts. personally i don't think the gooey stuff is ever gonna run out.  the powers that be just want to make more money on it.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 03/15/05 at 13:58:42

Fear mongering for profit -- they are selling books to the believers.  Just glancing over it I saw some gross exagerations.   I have a firm faith in the greed of human beings.  As oil depletes over the next few decades the price will steadily rise until the cost of alternatives will no longer be an economic block and alternatives will be developed.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 03/15/05 at 14:15:41

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Fear mongering for profit --

shouldn't that read  fear mongering  for [glow=red,2,300] fun [/glow] and profit.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #4 - 03/15/05 at 14:45:37

Sounds like the beginning of Mad Max, Road Warror. Gas prices have gone up by almost 15 cents per gallon over the last couple weeks here in PA. Even if it true there isn't a lot that an individual can do about it. Kind of like getting into a turn way to hot and knowing you won't get out the other end, all you can do is hold on for the ride Grin. Don't really think it is al that bad, seems they are skewing the numbers to prove thier point. Didn't mention coal reserves at all. ride Safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 03/15/05 at 15:08:29

Ha Ha Smiley ... I can always count on you guys to cheer me up! I too think that we will come up with alternatives ... I really should stop reading so much ... either that, or I wish to H.E. double hockey sticks that Spring would come so's I could strap on the ol' Savage and blow out some of the mental rubbish that has gathered over the Winter!!
Gas prices around here are startin' to hurt though ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Michael

Reply #6 - 03/15/05 at 22:50:29

Perry.......

Gas went up to the same price here in New Brunswick. It is slightly down from .97 a litre last month.    

still cheaper than last summer though...it went up to $1.09, /L here last july/august.

I just chuckle when i hear my American friends b i t c h about paying $1. 60/gallon.

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 03/15/05 at 23:46:32

Hey, life is tough all over.  On my last trip to the grocery store my favorite chocolate donuts were up to $2.97 per bag.   Oh well, some things are just to critical in life to go without so I guess I will just have to buck up and spend the big bucks for the bag...think I'll buy 2 and save some money before the next price increase.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #8 - 03/16/05 at 01:11:19

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Hey, life is tough all over.  On my last trip to the grocery store my favorite chocolate donuts were up to $2.97 per bag.   Oh well, some things are just to critical in life to go without so I guess I will just have to buck up and spend the big bucks for the bag...think I'll buy 2 and save some money before the next price increase.

[glow=red,2,300]DONUTS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HUNGRY TO EAT ONE. [/glow]

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #9 - 03/16/05 at 06:33:01

Solutions are being worked on

Quote:
 The world's first purpose-built hydrogen-powered bike could be fitted with an artificial "vroom" because of worries its silence might be dangerous.

A prototype of the motorbike, which could cost more than $8,300 (£4,500), was unveiled in London on Tuesday.

The problem with the "fuel cell" bike, which produces no polluting emissions, is that it is too quiet.

But anti-noise campaigners said they welcomed the prospect of a motorbike without the usual excruciating roar.

For their part, manufacturers said the fake engine noise device, which could be switched off, would help alert road users.

The motorbike, known as an Emissions Neutral Vehicle (ENV), has a top speed of 50mph (80km/h), a range of at least 100 miles (160km) and can run continuously for four hours before the fuel cell needs recharging.

Its water-vapour emissions are so clean that they are drinkable, according to its designers.

Mobile energy source

But with a noise emission equivalent to an everyday home computer, motorcycle enthusiasts thought the "exhilaration" factor was missing.

"They can add all the noise they want, it will still lack the va-va-voom serious motorcyclists look for," Jeff Stone of the British Motorcyclists Federation told the BBC.

Concerns were raised that the motorcycle was too silent and might not be noticed by other traffic and pedestrians.

Harry Bradbury, chief executive of the bike's British manufacturers Intelligent Energy, said: "What we are doing is introducing flexibility into it, so that you can have ambient noise that is tolerable - low-level noise sufficient for safety reasons - but which can be switched off when desired."

Peter Wakeham, director of the Noise Abatement Society, who said motorbikes were among the worst noise offenders, welcomed the idea of a quiet bike.

"But it kind of defeats the purpose of designing a silent bike only to then add an artificial noise device," he said.

Dr Bradbury said the bike's detachable briefcase-size cell filled with high pressure hydrogen, or "core", could eventually be used as a mobile energy source, with the same cell used to power different objects.

He said the prospect of producing mobile hydrogen energy from a variety of sources, including crops such as soya or sugar cane, could benefit remote communities or developing countries, where large electric grids were not economically viable.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/4353853.stm

Published: 2005/03/16 14:13:10 GMT

WWW   IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #10 - 03/16/05 at 06:59:25

Of course, that quiet bike needs one of these (probably cheaper than the modification they were planning on)

WWW   IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #11 - 03/16/05 at 09:23:02

In Holland ( the Netherlands) the price for regular (95)
is a stunning 1,22 Euros per LITER.. :'( :'( :'(

Greetz
Kropatchek Angry

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #12 - 03/16/05 at 14:17:43

Kropatchek wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
In Holland ( the Netherlands) the price for regular (95)....
WHOA!  STOP!  Is that the octane rating of *REGULAR*?

In the birthplace of Hot Rodding regular gas is 87 octane and premium gas is 91 octane.  If you want anything better you need to find racing or aviation fuel.

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #13 - 03/16/05 at 17:59:43

That's 95 octane CELSIUS.

Roll Eyes

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #14 - 03/16/05 at 18:17:34

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
That's 95 octane CELSIUS.

Roll Eyes

Celsius to Farhenheit...  F=C*9/5 +32...

95 octane C = 203 octane F. Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 23:39:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Life After the Oil Crash - Scary Reading!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.